Coop Cam

Well....here is where the camera situation stands. I went and got the range extender and all went well with setting it up. I took it out to the shed plugged it in and had a strong signal....all green lights. All cameras working....except the new one. So after three more hours of problem solving and trying the cameras that worked in different areas I have concluded the new camera has some electric or software issue because it has to be in the house to pick up the wireless signal. The identical camera worked in all three camera location. On top of that I brought my lap out to the shed and saw no increase in the strength of the signal with the range extender on or off. So That will be going back especially since my current camera will work in the back 40 as I call it. (Where I was attempting to place the new one.) So now I have to get in touch with the camera man...from Graig's list to exchange it...Hopefully I won't get stung there. He has been very reliable to help and get them set up and answer any question I have. Well a least I know the problem and I can place a camera where I want it. So in time all will work out. You would think the time I spent today I knew what I was doing and setting up some huge infrastructure.
gig.gif
Will keep yas posted.

So I am still pondering my issues with the camera which I am sure is not functioning right. But because I saw no increase in signal strength when I had my lap top right next to the extender I am wondering if I set up the range extender correctly? GoChick- I was able to do the easy WPs buttons and connect because all lights were green. My question is does the camera just pick up the signal or do I have to connect each camera and lap top to the Netgear extender? It is in my car waiting to be returned but I am still thiking. I hate when I can't figure out things. GoChick and JIm- have you had or heard of this product Super Cantenna and your thoughts????

So I am still pondering my issues with the camera which I am sure is not functioning right. But because I saw no increase in signal strength when I had my lap top right next to the extender I am wondering if I set up the range extender correctly? GoChick- I was able to do the easy WPs buttons and connect because all lights were green. My question is does the camera just pick up the signal or do I have to connect each camera and lap top to the Netgear extender? It is in my car waiting to be returned but I am still thiking. I hate when I can't figure out things. GoChick and JIm- have you had or heard of this product Super Cantenna and your thoughts????
I have not. Can you connect that camera by cable and the others wirelessly. I prefer LAN cable and use it for all my cams. I've tried wireless and like the reliability of wire. Of course, you could return the one that is misbehaving and maybe its replacement will do what you want. Thanks for asking. --jim

Not sure if this would work for anyone, but www.woot.com has a security cam with 4 cameras for $100. One day only deal. Won't work for me because of wiring. But thought I'd throw it out there for others.

Back
Top Bottom