Coop Cam

I finally got mine set up...i think...maybe

In setting them up I was making it more complicated than it actually was.
I went with Foscam f18918w.
One is hanging upside down in the run under the roof. I have not installed the second yet. I want to put it IN the coop but my coop is only 4X4, not much room. It defiantly will go in the new coop i am building this summer.

wee.gif
wee.gif
Well after much mental trauma I figured out the cameras and they are all up and running. So my new camera was not holding the wireless signal well and I was struggling to get the Range extended working or connecting with the cameras. So for the fix. It came to me one night that the reason the cameras where not picking up the range extender was because it had my wireless SSID code so I had to put in the same code with EXT on the end. Boom it worked. To fix the new camera not holding a wireless signal I positioned the range extender out under the covered run made it a weather proof coat and mounted the camera very close. Boom again. I feel like I just concurred the world. I need one more camera for the night coop and I will be done. Thanks for all advice just another happy chicken keeper.
big_smile.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
Well after much mental trauma I figured out the cameras and they are all up and running. So my new camera was not holding the wireless signal well and I was struggling to get the Range extended working or connecting with the cameras. So for the fix. It came to me one night that the reason the cameras where not picking up the range extender was because it had my wireless SSID code so I had to put in the same code with EXT on the end. Boom it worked. To fix the new camera not holding a wireless signal I positioned the range extender out under the covered run made it a weather proof coat and mounted the camera very close. Boom again. I feel like I just concurred the world. I need one more camera for the night coop and I will be done. Thanks for all advice just another happy chicken keeper.
big_smile.png

CONGRATS!!! Very good..

I finally got mine set up...i think...maybe

In setting them up I was making it more complicated than it actually was.
I went with Foscam f18918w.
One is hanging upside down in the run under the roof. I have not installed the second yet. I want to put it IN the coop but my coop is only 4X4, not much room. It defiantly will go in the new coop i am building this summer.

Good for you!!!

I'm looking at these wireless wifi extenders and they appear to be designed for inside use. Has anyone had experience with a wifi extender that can be used outside? Thanks!!

I'm looking at these wireless wifi extenders and they appear to be designed for inside use. Has anyone had experience with a wifi extender that can be used outside? Thanks!!

Buy a plastic electrical box with a weather proof cover. Drill a few small holes in the bottom of the box to allow any condensation to drip out.

Install your extender inside with all cable exiting from the bottom of the box.

I bought the Range extender in post 107 and after much trauma (mostly on my lack of knowledge) got it up and working and it has helped my cameras a lot increasing the signals. I had to put the extender under the covered run on an extension cord to have it work and had your same concerns. I cut a clear plastic bag and made it a rain coat and dust coat. But I am going to check into the suggestion you got above.

Are extenders available at Staples or Best Buy or do I need to order it over the Internet?
I did a search of waterproof electrical boxes and they look small to me. That extender must be awfully small to fit inside 1 of those. My extender will have to be placed outside between the house and the coop.

Back
Top Bottom