coop design questions

I think my husband has one. He mentioned that he should leave it for me. Think it is more the wire cutters that was the worst.

Be sure that you have a really GOOD pair of wire cutters made for heavy wire -- the stuff electricians would use -- not just the ordinary, cheap ones with the narrow and non-ergonomic handles. :)

Think it is more the wire cutters that was the worst.
I found sheet metal shears to work best on HC...
.....way better than any of the half dozen wire cutters I have.
And I have this edge bender to fold over the pointy parts.
1620864504036.png

Be sure that you have a really GOOD pair of wire cutters made for heavy wire -- the stuff electricians would use -- not just the ordinary, cheap ones with the narrow and non-ergonomic handles. :)
my husband does HVAC and left me an older pair of his that he uses for sheet metal. So they are decent ones, but do have a chip in the blade of course the exact size of the wire so sometimes I have to play with them to get them to go to a different spot on the blade. LOL

I found sheet metal shears to work best on HC...
.....way better than any of the half dozen wire cutters I have.
And I have this edge bender to fold over the pointy parts.
View attachment 2666137
ya I have an old pair of wire cutters or whatever they are called that my husband used for sheet metal for work. I use some other tool he gave me for smaller bends. Most times I just leave the pointy parts as my apron figuring if something goes to dig it will stab them if they go to that spot. haahaa.

With my husband doing HVAC for work (and the company he is with also does their own sheet metal stuff so he has tools for that) he has tons of tools but most of them have to go to work with him so when I do stuff during the week I have to use what I have here. They aren't bad and cut it easy think just the repetitive motion of cutting just flared up my carpal tunnel (and the bouncing temps make it flare as well which we have been bouncing from 50-70 back and forth non stop so was already acting up) then not normally doing this type of work my poor palm feels bruised as well. I just need to toughen up. :)

I had to take HC breaks too.
Same here. I also have a history of tendonitis, so cutting HWC is really a pain, and hubby will chip in to help with cutting when he can. If I space out how often I do it it's not too bad, but doing all the cutting at once in a long extended session is a bad idea for me.

Back
Top Bottom