coop designs...

nvmycj

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Hey guys!

Any suggestions on sites or books that have SPECIFIC details on building your own coop...? When I say specific, I mean SPECIFIC,...down to the last inch of measurement. The coop design section on this site has LOTS of pix, but no details. I gone to Books-a-Million and Barnes & Noble, looking for books. But none of them are worth buying. Very broad and non-specific instructions.

Thanks bunches!

matej

We're working on The Garden Coop ( www.thegardencoop.com ) and haven't had any trouble yet. It's a fairly basic coop/run and is meant to be relatively easy to put together. It's an e-book (I think that's what they're called) so you order it from the website and just download it. It has quite a few pictures to explain steps, a list of all the tools you'll need and a supplies list.
So far my husband has put in 2 evenings and 1 day, it is framed and stained. I'm thinking it should be done next weekend.
The "make it your own" link has pictures of changes other have made (bigger, smaller, moving the ramp, pop out next boxes...), seems like it'd be pretty easy to make those changes to suit your needs.

I bought plans on Ebay for my coop... it's built from recycled pallets (although mine is still half finished... lol) but the directions were really detailed and easy to follow. I had about 60 pallets in my yard, so I bought the directions for the pallet one, my coop will cost about $50 to build (most of that cost is wire for the pen).

There are a lot of different ones on there... some more detailed than others.

Get a book for Shed building it may not be the coop you are looking for but It will give you everything you need to know then you can use that on one that you would like to build.....

IMHO a coop is only limted by you build it anyway you want as long as it is big enough for your girls I built mine out of roofing tin I had laying around at the very basic core of it all it is just a box with a roof a floor and four sides, if you can frame a box you can build your coop.

Good luck and be sure to post pics during and when your all done we love pics here

Quote:
thats a great idea! I NEVER even thought or considered buying a "how to build a shed" book. I'm off to get one on my next day off....! Thanks bunches!

I like the shed design or playhouse designs as they are easy to build and usually tall enough to stand up in for cleaning.

4 walls, roof and floor and don't forget lots of windows.

--Hugh

Back
Top Bottom