Coop Ideas

Thanks Alaskan! I've been out there checking on them every half hour lol and even left a heat lamp in there. Stupid but I'm worried about them lol. I think they miss me to. Every time i ooen the door they come running over haha!

Last edited:
How much vent do you think I'll need? You cant see in photo but the back of roof is 4 inches higher to allow water to run off, and I left that 4 inches open in the back to allow air flow. Will I need more than that? A window possibly in future!

I would open the entire front top with a couple of hinges mounted at the top so you can open and close it depending on the weather, hardware cloth the entire opening to keep critters out, I hope you are going to put more roost inside that corner roost won't be enough.

That's a great idea jetdog. That's for the idea. I will put more roost spots in once I finish the egg boxes

Did you tell us how many chickens you will house in your coop? If, like us, you only keep a few, it is easy to keep clean. We used a pooper scooper every day when we had six. I know, I know, a bit obsessive but it was clean! Now with only 3 hens, I clean up once a week. You can see our coop on my website, centralcoastgardening.com and backyardhencam.com. It is tiny compared with the one you are building. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom