Coop lighting.

It doesn't appear to turn off; turns on at dusk, off at dawn. You don't want your coop lit up all night long, do you? If you do, I guess this is a fun option.

I am going to get a couple of the tap lights when winter gets here - that way if it is dark and I have to go out I can just tap 'em on and off. I know they aren't super bright, but as dark as it gets out here they should be bright enough. Just a thought...

Quote:
Excellent idea!!!! You could train the birds to tap the lights off when they're ready for bed and tap them on when they want a midnight snack...
big_smile.png

My boyfriend ran electricty to our coop, and we have two lights out there, but we only use them if needed, other wise we put an LED night light out there with a sensor, not too bright, just enough so it's not pitch black out there, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Excellent idea!!!! You could train the birds to tap the lights off when they're ready for bed and tap them on when they want a midnight snack...
big_smile.png

lau.gif
I would have the SMARTEST chickens in TEXAS! Maybe I will go out and start teaching them.....

I use two landscape lights. They spend the day charging outside and at night I take them in the coop. Not much light but enough for the pullets to see to get back on the perches if they fall off and enough for me to see if I need to go in at night.

Hi,
I have a solar "night light" on in winter. (Comes on after the 50W HPS goes off, so birds can find roost.) I do not think the solar lights are bright enough if you want to supplement light in winter for egg laying. But work fine for me to see and the birds to find the roost after the big light goes off.

ON

Back
Top Bottom