Coop pics****

Here's our progress so far for our coop! I've named it Le Cordon Bleu ;) Thinking of adding a couple small white picket flower boxes to the front to make it a little brighter. Our 6 girls should hopefully be happy here! We're adding wheels too.

Our coop is a work in progress...here are a few pics.

We build the subfloor from 4"x12"timbers

We were delayed by a late Spring snow

Then started adding walls

And windows

We are finishing the exterior with crazy patterned cedar shakes

All a lot of work to create my "Chick's Inn"

But I'd say they are worth it! ;)

Last edited:
Here is the before and after picture of our coop. All free wood from Craigslist. I see so many pictures of people's coop with new wood from the hardware store. It looks very nice! We also added gutters and a rain barrel to gravity feed our nipple waterer.

Here is the before and after picture of our coop. All free wood from Craigslist. I see so many pictures of people's coop with new wood from the hardware store. It looks very nice! We also added gutters and a rain barrel to gravity feed our nipple waterer.

that looks awesome! im hoping to build one this summer from free wood from CL! what types did you use? i read up on treated wood and it scared the living hell out of me with their old arsenic chemicals used, im scared to use wood from an old deck now! maybe ill stick to pallets

We are working on a brand new coop to house all of our hens. We had three smaller coops that opened into one run.

This is the separate nook for the two bantams. (They sleep in the dog bed the yorkie didn't want....)

-need to finish landscaping the run, touch up some paint, and hang the chandelier!

Back
Top Bottom