Coop renovation HELP

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Iheartchicks<3:), Jan 31, 2011.

1. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    This summer i will be renovating the coop... Any suggestions?

My Coop is roughly seven by nine feet. I use half for storage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Run is about 12 by 17 feet...

[​IMG]

The inside has 2 roosts and 8 nestboxes... (all for one hen! haha, we will get more)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More of inside...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    nice chickens & coop [​IMG] Is there a net over the run, it's hard to tell. If so, isn't hard to get in the run ? Suggestion, I would suggest a run 5 or 6' tall for easy access, other then that, you have done a great job, good luck [​IMG]

3. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    There is chicken wire over the run... the whole run is chicken wire.... I am planning on redo-ing the whollleeee run! And there is a little door made of wire.. thats how i get in. and now there is a feeder and waterer in the run.. the pics were not thattt recent.

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    looks good, doesnt look like it needs to be renovated, just i would make the run a bit taller for easy access

5. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Oh please!! Think of something.. i need project! Ha... Yah im gonna make the runnn differnt.

6. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Iheartchicks<3[​IMG] :

Oh please!! Think of something.. i need project! Ha... Yah im gonna make the runnn differnt.

ok you ask for it
    it depend where u are located if u are in south repainted to a light color on out side and find some used windows put hardwire over the windows.
    replace the chicken wire in run to hard wire or we used dog link fence but we have LF and the run should be at least walk in height. maybe made half the run shady too.​

7. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Im located.. in WASHINGTON!!! Not dc. Just plain old washington. Haha... There is 2 windows already.. just incase you didnt. know. Im not aloud to paint it [​IMG] it matches the ugly 70's paint on our house.

8. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2010
    Dover, Arkansas
    I would make a sloping roof over the nest boxes so the chickens couldnt roost and poop on them. Put a poop board under the roost. Just my opinion! But it all looks very good![​IMG]

9. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    im not sure. how to make a poop board for my roosts... ?

10. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Iheartchicks<3[​IMG] :

Im located.. in WASHINGTON!!! Not dc. Just plain old washington. Haha... There is 2 windows already.. just incase you didnt. know. Im not aloud to paint it [​IMG] it matches the ugly 70's paint on our house.

than paint your home tooo [​IMG] that will take u all summer between rain drops​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by