Coop renovation HELP

Iheartchicks<3:)

Songster
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Mount Vernon, WA
This summer i will be renovating the coop... Any suggestions?

My Coop is roughly seven by nine feet. I use half for storage...

64479_img_3575.jpg

64479_img_3584.jpg

64479_img_4111.jpg

The Run is about 12 by 17 feet...

64479_img_3584.jpg

The inside has 2 roosts and 8 nestboxes... (all for one hen! haha, we will get more)

64479_img_4502.jpg

64479_img_4586.jpg

More of inside...

64479_img_4348.jpg

64479_img_4347.jpg

Last edited:
nice chickens & coop
smile.png
Is there a net over the run, it's hard to tell. If so, isn't hard to get in the run ? Suggestion, I would suggest a run 5 or 6' tall for easy access, other then that, you have done a great job, good luck
smile.png

There is chicken wire over the run... the whole run is chicken wire.... I am planning on redo-ing the whollleeee run! And there is a little door made of wire.. thats how i get in. and now there is a feeder and waterer in the run.. the pics were not thattt recent.

Iheartchicks<3
smile.png
:

Oh please!! Think of something.. i need project! Ha... Yah im gonna make the runnn differnt.

ok you ask for it
it depend where u are located if u are in south repainted to a light color on out side and find some used windows put hardwire over the windows.
replace the chicken wire in run to hard wire or we used dog link fence but we have LF and the run should be at least walk in height. maybe made half the run shady too.​

Im located.. in WASHINGTON!!! Not dc. Just plain old washington. Haha... There is 2 windows already.. just incase you didnt. know. Im not aloud to paint it
sad.png
it matches the ugly 70's paint on our house.

I would make a sloping roof over the nest boxes so the chickens couldnt roost and poop on them. Put a poop board under the roost. Just my opinion! But it all looks very good!
thumbsup.gif

Iheartchicks<3
smile.png
:

Im located.. in WASHINGTON!!! Not dc. Just plain old washington. Haha... There is 2 windows already.. just incase you didnt. know. Im not aloud to paint it
sad.png
it matches the ugly 70's paint on our house.

than paint your home tooo
gig.gif
that will take u all summer between rain drops​

Back
Top Bottom