Coop Roof Help

They look OK....hopefully they form a flat surface, you'll know more once you get the sheathing on.
We tried to make them as level as possible too but there’s always one that isn’t so level lol. But i was meaning the angle of the end of the roof rafter. I kind of followed a youtube video on how to do the roofing but i’m not sure if we put them on the right way

Okay thank you! Fascia is the white stuff right?
We are rapidly getting past my knowledge, but I believe a fascia board is anything you put to cover the ends of the rafters. I don’t think you can go and buy fascia board. I think it is just board you use for that purpose.
I don’t think 2x4 works as a fascia board because your rafters are probably made of 2x4 but on an angle so the end to be covered will be more than 3.5”. Also, you don’t need the board to be very thick as it isn’t load bearing.

We are rapidly getting past my knowledge, but I believe a fascia board is anything you put to cover the ends of the rafters. I don’t think you can go and buy fascia board. I think it is just board you use for that purpose.
I don’t think 2x4 works as a fascia board because your rafters are probably made of 2x4 but on an angle so the end to be covered will be more than 3.5”. Also, you don’t need the board to be very thick as it isn’t load bearing.
ohhh okay! Thank you for your help!

So my home depot has the regular 1x6 wood boards or this exterior pvc trim

Attachments

• 3732C52A-633E-4133-9EA3-7E253FD5C0B9.jpeg
    3732C52A-633E-4133-9EA3-7E253FD5C0B9.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 2
So my home depot has the regular 1x6 wood boards or this exterior pvc trim
Ooooh yes! I had forgotten. We used Azek fascia boards - 1x6.
I did that to save maintenance.
Sorry - I had forgotten that because it was actually scrap I had stored from rennovating the house so I didn't have to buy it!
I would use that - love saving a bit of maintenance hassle!

Back
Top Bottom