Coop Siding

Just the t1-11, except in a few areas where I wanted extra support. All my materials were reclaimed, so it was warped in some places and I screwed up a few areas. So I had some areas that had plywood scraps.

Bottom line: If your materials are new or in good shape, you should be fine with just t1-11.
Everything will be bought brand new from HD so i think i’ll be okay with just the t1-11!

Everything will be bought brand new from HD so i think i’ll be okay with just the t1-11!
Oh, heck yeah! Good for you! I was just cheap - lol! My next coop will be a brand new shed that I'll convert. I enjoyed the problem-solving aspect of recycling, but it took so long. And it only cost me about $250 altogether (mostly the metal roof panels and hardware cloth).

Be sure to write an article about your progress! I will def follow!!!!

Oh, heck yeah! Good for you! I was just cheap - lol! My next coop will be a brand new shed that I'll convert. I enjoyed the problem-solving aspect of recycling, but it took so long. And it only cost me about $250 altogether (mostly the metal roof panels and hardware cloth).

Be sure to write an article about your progress! I will def follow!!!!
Oh trust me we’ve been there too. Our coop now has pallet wood over the plywood for the “siding” and it was a pain in the butt to get the pallets apart. I want this one to last a few years so crossing my fingers it will! I will try to post an article, i’m new to this website so i still haven’t figured out everything!!

What do y’all use as coop siding? Of course the walls will be made from plywood but what is put over the plywood?
We didn’t use plywood. We just nailed rough sawn cedar planks in stacked shingle style. It’s in the profile pic. Years later it is now a silvery grey.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom