coop suggestions

country_gal1891

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
i just bought two Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks, they are only a day or two old. im wondering when to put them in their coop.and i am actually getting ready to start building their coop any suggestions are welcome.

well i actually have two other chickens ,they are about a year old. so i have to put these two new ones in a separate coop for now.

Just brood them in a rubermaid tub for 10 weeks...then you can integrate them into the existing flock. Put them in at night once the birds go to sleep, they usually do ok if they wake up together.

If you are planning on sticking to 2-4 birds, the easiest coop is a converted dog house...http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4347884
Add a door to secure them at night, a perch and a nest box. The roof opens for cleaning....

Make a run out of kennel panels or 2x4 wire, not chicken wire, then you're done!

Last edited:
ive had a few people tell me that i have to wait till they are the same size. right now i have a small hutch big enough for my older two in a big dog kennel. one of the older ones has an attitude issue and pecks im just worried she is going to kill them . i did just order some pin less peepers to try on her.

Back
Top Bottom