Corid dosing

Just wanted to also say that Ensure is fine for humans, but chickens need a food that doesn't contain dairy. When you get to the point of tube feeding her, ground chicken feed or baby bird feed would be more appropriate. Much of that is in Casportpony's tube feeding threads. If she starts eating on her own, then wet mushy feed, raw or cooked egg, and a tsp of plain yogurt for probiotics (if the chicken feed does not have any already) is usually attractive. Hope she gets better.

Here's my take on Corid... It's so safe that even if she doesn't have coccidiosis that it's not going to hurt her to get it. I worry that you're getting advice from some place like Facebook, and people that post there post lots of misinformation. :(
okay I will give her the corid now I am not following any other advice other than this forum at this time I really appreciate everyone so very much. She is still continuing to drink a little on her own. Should I just wait it out or should I give her a little more fluids with the corad? thank you all so very much again for all your advice and encouragement

I also did a complete check of her feathers and skin and I see nothing. she is still missing a lot of feathers from some unknown reason I thought it was the rooster but I separated her 3 months ago her feathers had grown back but then she got into the coop over the weekend while I had someone else watching her and some of her feathers are missing again

Water, water with electrolytes, corid mixed water (at the correct dose)
is all you need to be giving her for now.

If she is starting to drink on her own, that is good.
If she doesn't continue, then you should give it to her by tube "feeding"..tubing the liquid in her for today.

It's true that coccidiosis is not as common in older birds, but they do get it. Corid is what you have on hand, and I can think of no reason not to use it. :) Did anyone say why you shouldn't use Corid.?

When mine are drinking on their own I don't tube, so you might not need to if she keeps drinking. :fl

If you know that the rooster is tearing her back up like that then keep her away from him.
If it's not him, check her at night with a flashlight for mites.

Water, water with electrolytes, corid mixed water (at the correct does)
is all you need to be giving her for now.

If she is starting to drink on her own, that is good.
If she doesn't continue, then you should give it to her by tube "feeding"..tubing the liquid in her for today.
x2! That and give 0.5 ml Corid orally once a day for 1-3 days.

Back
Top Bottom