Corid dosing

It's true that coccidiosis is not as common in older birds, but they do get it. Corid is what you have on hand, and I can think of no reason not to use it. :) Did anyone say why you shouldn't use Corid.?

When mine are drinking on their own I don't tube, so you might not need to if she keeps drinking. :fl
That would be wonderful if i dont have to tube feed but hubby brought one but the tube is not very bendable and may be too big. He got the smallest one just fits on the syringe. Just in case. I am going now to clean the coop out and clean the water bowls and add the corid to the other flocks water with electrolytes and probiotics. I understand once I start the warming process to discard the eggs for up to 10 days after treatment. is this a good idea right now to make sure my other birds are safe? how long should I continue the warmer medicine?

She had given two spoon fulls of Corid straight to the mouth this morning, so I had told her earlier that she didn't need to give any more Corid today.
I didnt see that post. Sorry. We gave her the Corid 2tsp last night and we just gave her 0.5 ml just now. She does seem better! Lil more fiesty when i pick her up. Still drinking a little on her own :)

I didnt see that post. Sorry. We gave her the Corid 2tsp last night and we just gave her 0.5 ml just now. She does seem better! Lil more fiesty when i pick her up. Still drinking a little on her own :)
That is great news!
keep her drinking!! Any keep food close by incase she feels like eating on her own.

Which wormer medicine did he bring home?
Pic of it and the tube if you can.

(Btw, i am mobile now and for the next few hours, so I may not be so quick to respond)
10ml syringe
20170701_121828.jpg

That is great news!
keep her drinking!! Any keep food close by incase she feels like eating on her own.
someone at the feed store mentioned applesauce so I put a part of an apple in my blender with some water and tried to offer her that with some hard boiled egg and cooked egg yolkalso tried offering herplain Greek yogurt. I will put some food in there now but thought someone just said fluids first no food?

She had given two spoon fulls of Corid straight to the mouth this morning, so I had told her earlier that she didn't need to give any more Corid today.
Ah, lol, of course not. :D That makes sense. In my mind I had pictured a bunch BookFace people saying "don't give Corid".

I think the diameter of the tube is fine, but it might be a little short. The edges are also very sharp, so you would have to melt one end with a lighter. Please check with me before you attempt to tube.

Back
Top Bottom