Corid for ducks?

I originally didnt respond because I have never delt with this so never did the research. BUT I did just research it thru google and found the answer for you. Sometimes when you dont get a responce, dont rely on others to give the answers. Please if your flocks lives hand in the balance do the search in more than one place.

http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/page7.htm

"Chickens are not the only birds affected by Coccidiosis. Turkeys, geese, and ducks, among others, are affected as well. Cocci are a naturally occurring protozoan parasite found in almost every soil sample. There are about nine different strains within the Eimeria genus that do harm to chickens. Some of these strains are questionable, but most are verifiable. I happen to know that my soil samples contain Eimeria of the Necatrix stain. There was poultry kept on my farm before I owned it, and that virtually guarantees the Cocci eggs (oocysts), are on site.
"
"For those waterfowl breeders out there, I have good news. Previously thought to be harmful to ducks, the latest veterinary science claims that neither Amprolium nor Bacitracin are toxic to ducks. As part of a study, I have had my waterfowl on medicated feed for over a year now, and everyone is thriving."
Thank you! I have a mixed flock and I couldn't keep my ducks out of the corid treated water!

Back
Top Bottom