Corid Withdrawal Time

CMV

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Good morning everyone!

I just cracked open my coop to do morning chores and discovered several bloody poops inside the coop. I am assuming that the girls have coccidiosis, so I intend to treat them with Corid ASAP. I read up on Corid and found no withdrawal time for meat, but I am not butchering my laying hens. My question is there a withdrawal time for eggs after using Corid? Thanks all.

Have a good day.

Thank you, Speckledhen. I almost PM'd you after reading some of your old posts related to using Corid. Unfortunately, my local ag store only carries Sulmet, so I am stuck with using that. I am picking up some Corid to keep on hand for future uses. Thanks again.

Hi,

I also emailed manufacturer and this is what i got back.

No withdrawal time in eggs or meat based on hits listed in following search:

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&e...=amprolium+withdrawal+in+chicken+eggs&spell=1

Karen, please give me a call if you want to discuss this topic further.

I hope it helps.

Roberto

Roberto Garcia, DVM, MS
Large Animal Veterinary Services
Merial, Limited
Tel 678 638 3502

Cell: 678-427-7740
Fax 678 638 8882

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:19 PM
To: Garcia, Dr. Roberto
Subject: FW: Question about CoRid and Poultry

Here is one to discuss at 1:30 today

Todd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:56 AM
To: Prescott, Todd
Subject: Question about CoRid and Poultry

Called Merial to find out about withdraw time before we can eat eggs. No one seems to know. They have Cocci and I have been treating them with CoRid. Is there a withdraw time for eating eggs when treating poultry?

Thank you
Karen Miller

So am I reading this correctly that we can eat the eggs DURING the time we are giving them medicated water?  I hope that is what I am reading!!!  :)

Yes, you are correct...according to what I've researched, the amount of corid found in the egg is less than the usda recommends for consumption. After 10 days there will be no tracable amount found in eggs (if my memory serves me right!).

Back
Top Bottom