Corid for Coccidiosis

Surbhi

Chirping
Jul 8, 2020
I noticed one of my hens not eating anything this morning and also see some bloody poops so I just ordered some corid for coccidiosis. This is my first time dealing with this, and my hens are three years old. So far I have just noticed one acting this way, but is it safe to give all of my chickens even if they don't have the disease/infection?
this is what I ordered
51h+wdBfeyL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Do you live near enough a feed store to get it, or do you have to wait on shipping? Can you post a picture of the hen and the poop? If you use Corid liquid, dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Change it daily. It is safe to treat everyone.
I can get a picture tomorrow. I don't have a feed store near me but it should arrive either tomorrow or the day after, is there anything I should do in the meantime?

Make sure they are drinking fluids. A bit of plain yogurt may be helpful. It is a bit rare for coccidiosis in a 3 year old unless they are worn down or sickly. Worms, or swallowing something sharp could be possible.

Do you live near enough a feed store to get it, or do you have to wait on shipping? Can you post a picture of the hen and the poop? If you use Corid liquid, dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Change it daily. It is safe to treat everyone.

She seemed a little better this morning and actually ate some feed. I attached a picture of her poop from yesterday as well as a picture of her. She is a bantam cochin (the white stuff on her comb is just yogurt). Still waiting on the corid.
IMG_2403.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg

That could be intestinal shed in her poop. But I would go ahead and treat her with the Corid once you get it. Worming her with either Valbazen 1/2 ml given orally would also be helpful if she has worms. Shake it well and use a syringe to draw it up. SafeGuard horse paste or liquid goat wormer also is good. Valbazen is available here:
https://www.jefferspet.com/valbazen...DdE6_shnrC_1WdDCGpEtnenW1y4oTxFBoCI9QQAvD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom