Cornish Cross Roo or is it? **Updated pictures post 9**

hangin'witthepeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Colbert, GA
I have these, they were marked as cornish cross straight run at my TSC. I definitely have a roo and two hens. The hens now look like red sex link hens and the roo is all red with green tail feathers growing and green tips on his wings that are now growing which is unlike all the cornish rock crosses I see pictures of here. He also has small black dots on his "cape" on the neck. The hens and the roo have small, long pointy feathers on their "cape" (neck). So what do I have. They also grew faster than my other BR hens and are bigger but not by much. I will try to remember updated pics on Monday. But what chicken is red and grows green tail feathers? Thanks.

Edited it to include "Grown Up" pictures in post #9.

Last edited:
You can click on the picture and it gets bigger. They don't have muffs now, they are 3 months old. He is really red/orange with green tail feathers. I looked at some RIR pictures and he looks similar to them, but not a dark red. So if they are sex link, wouldn't he be white? Thanks.

Bright yellow. I'm curious as the hens look exactly like red sex link. Red with white feathers, but if they were sex link the roo should be white right. May be he was put in by mistake? Could he be a true RIR roo? Or can sex links have a red roo? I still don't see the muffs. Are muffs fluffy cheeks? I'm talking about the chicks on this thread. The chick in my BYC page is another chick, I think a brahma/slw/ee mix.

Last edited:
Here are some "Grown Up" pictures..... What do you think? Cornish Rock or Sex Link?

Rocky the Roo

Diner the hen

Rocky as a baby see first post 2nd picture. TIA.

Back
Top Bottom