Cornish Rock - 2 1/2 week olds; necks normal?

NewMomma2017

Chirping
Oct 5, 2017
Hello Chicken Friends,
Quick question, are their necks supposed to look like this? Most of them have this bulge..??
First time with this breed... just making sure they are normal... even for this alien breed. I know they look funny compared to other chickens but goodness they are ugly cute! 🤣

Attachments

• 1A678749-C63C-4D7B-8CA2-AD372DA56DEC.jpeg
    1A678749-C63C-4D7B-8CA2-AD372DA56DEC.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 7557013F-F2D5-4DDB-8FC9-297DDFCDBD98.jpeg
    7557013F-F2D5-4DDB-8FC9-297DDFCDBD98.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 12
Hello Chicken Friends,
Quick question, are their necks supposed to look like this? Most of them have this bulge..??
First time with this breed... just making sure they are normal... even for this alien breed. I know they look funny compared to other chickens but goodness they are ugly cute! 🤣
They look very healthy! Eating and pooping is what they do!

Hello Chicken Friends,
Lol yes it's normal that's their crop it's like a stomach and that's where it holds food before it goes down their digestive tract and bc they are meant birds they eat A LOT so that's why it's so big

That's awesome! My wife recently told me that one of out Cornish X chicks had a hernia; it was the crop. It was stretched so big that it looked threadbare of fuzzy feathers.

They are gluttonous little beasts and only seem to stop eating when they're asleep.

Back
Top Bottom