Was sure they were hens, now I’m not!

Bigmommacass

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2023
Hello again chicken friends!
I was sure all my 14 1/2 week chickens were hens a few weeks ago. Now one of my RIRs has some pointy neck feathers that have me unsure!
I also have what I thought were two Barred Plymouth Rocks, but after doing some more looking into it on here I’m seeing their legs should be yellow. They have two different body styles and since they probably aren’t a pure breed I’m not sure if I know as much as I thought. One is getting lighter and has almost no tail compared to the other (pictured on the right and in the front). Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7324.jpeg
    IMG_7324.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7327.jpeg
    IMG_7327.jpeg
    690.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7328.jpeg
    IMG_7328.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
I was sure all my 14 1/2 week chickens were hens a few weeks ago. Now one of my RIRs has some pointy neck feathers that have me unsure!
I also have what I thought were two Barred Plymouth Rocks, but after doing some more looking into it on here I’m seeing their legs should be yellow. They have two different body styles and since they probably aren’t a pure breed I’m not sure if I know as much as I thought. One is getting lighter and has almost no tail compared to the other (pictured on the right and in the front). Any help appreciated!
Those are definitely hens. Your reddish hen looks just like my Cindy (hen) did! No rooster relocating to do!!

They all look like pullets to me too!

Back
Top Bottom