Cornish Thread

JRNash I've tried the Saipans before and theyre majestic birds just slow growth and the females werent the best layers in my opinion. That being said if I were ever to move and have better coops they will be the first birds on my list. Of all the ones Ive had I think these Cornish X with a barred rock rooster have been my fastest growing ones. Even a Cornish Rock rooster with a Dark cornish hen does not grow as fast. Im hoping to cross my (Barred Rock Roo x Cornish Rock Hens offsprings) + ( Cornish Rock Roo x Dark Cornish Hens offsprings) and get dark colored fast growing birds!...Hope that is understandable
do you have pictures of your barred rockx cornish?

JRNash I've tried the Saipans before and theyre majestic birds just slow growth and the females werent the best layers in my opinion. That being said if I were ever to move and have better coops they will be the first birds on my list. Of all the ones Ive had I think these Cornish X with a barred rock rooster have been my fastest growing ones. Even a Cornish Rock rooster with a Dark cornish hen does not grow as fast. Im hoping to cross my (Barred Rock Roo x Cornish Rock Hens offsprings) + ( Cornish Rock Roo x Dark Cornish Hens offsprings) and get dark colored fast growing birds!...Hope that is understandable
Sambat, you just seconded a conclusion I had already came to concerning the barred rock crosses. The barred rocks have the broiler confirmation,just smaller

The white ones, they are mostly white, a couple have black spots or even a whole wing. These are 6 weeks old. The dark ones some are dark cornish and some langshans

Sambat you are 100% correct in your evaluation of the Saipan.the majority of the crosses don't appear to be show stoppers.There are a few however that are on track to be what I'm after. If not,it's freezer camp.The Saipan were an experiment.I will be concentrating on my f1 crosses with the dark cornish x broiler and the cornish x barred rocks. The f1s are broiler hybrids

I've bred hunting dogs for 30 years and always said breed for ability 1st & looks 2nd if at all, thinking ideally you can have both, but rarely do you ever get both and most of my best dogs would never win any beauty contest
1f600.png

But man can they hunt
1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom