Cornish Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jx2inNC, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SD_Paulo

SD_Paulo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    SOCAL
    Interesting looking Heintz 57???

A question, to the LONG TIME CORNISH BREEDERS,........Are more WHITES show/seen with pearl eyes????

2. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    It seems that it is easier to get pearl eyes on a white.

Walt

3. fowlman01

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    They don't look alike to me. The one on the left is young, but will be a cull. The one on the right has a cut away lower breast, crow head and white legs.

Walt

4. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    Agreed, does not qualify to actually be on this thread, was mainly commenting on the Dad's birds, and eye color, threw it in for shats and grins.

5. aviangems

aviangems Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami FL
    The legs on the BLR female are not white. They are a pale yellow.

I see why you see yellow eyes as pearl.

6. fowlman01

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    The look white to me........I just enlarged it and their aren't any yellow pixels there. So..... the crow head and lack of body are illusions as well?

w.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Cedarknob

Cedarknob Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Western IL
    From what I've leaned here, if the birds have some structural flaws such as a bit crow headed, lack body depth, or eye or leg color is weak, you're supposed to say:

Quote: and/or

Quote: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Walt, while I appreciate the judge's eye you have, I don't think think this thread here at BYC is a score card for you to be making a public, written evaluation of other's birds. Perhaps it would be better, if you want to teach folks what to look for on good Cornish, if you can show pictures of your own birds and where you fault them, or wait until someone asks you to critique their bird.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  8. fowlman01

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    I guess I didn't realize you were moderating this thread. [​IMG] People post here to get feedback. I take my licks, so can you and him. If folks want to post crap birds here I will evaluate them. You don't like his birds either. His whites have the same terrible underline, they look like RIR with a brick shaped body. I have posted pictures of my birds..knock yourself out evaluating them. One of them was the APA National Champion chicken overall. Go to another thread and you can play touchy feely and talk about "Projects". What color do the legs on his bird look to you? I gave him the benefit of the doubt and that is why I looked to see if there was any yellow when I enlarged the picture. I am not the only one with critizisms here, but I am one of the few that know anything about Cornish..

fyi: I don't care if you appreciate my judges eye or not....the reality is I am a judge and I'm not posting off the wall stuff like some people that pass through here. [​IMG]

Walt

9. SD_Paulo

SD_Paulo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    SOCAL
    Cedar,

I appreciate what your saying but there is the DIRECT approach or the BEAT AROUND THE BUSH approach. Yes, there are many ways to get from point A to point B. I prefer the simple, direct, honest approach. Then we know what needs to be improved and move forward.

I like coming here because there are knowledgable and experience Cornish breeders on this thread and not just backyard, fly by night flockers, like some of the other threads.

It is my opinion, that when we put our birds up for public display (ie internet, show ring or for sale) we do not do it with "thin" skin. There are very few GREAT birds, many good birds and lots of culls.

Just my opinion....

10. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Well, all I know is my chicken DOES have a pearl eye and I'll be so upset if you criticize it you big meanie!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by