Cornish Thread

I AM NOT seeing this size out of the Cornish std x maran ,mine are not thick they are more Gamefowl shaped ,so back to the drawing board i will have to try the fast grower cornish rock pullet method like others have used on this thread.

I AM NOT seeing this size out of the Cornish std x maran ,mine are not thick they are more Gamefowl shaped ,so back to the drawing board i will have to try the fast grower cornish rock pullet method like others have used on this thread.

Perhaps those two breeds just don't nick together. Have a look at the cornish/australorp crosses turned into a breed here, the Welsh Black: Intended to be more of a dual purpose fowl, but it's still a great read:
http://castlefarmeggs.co.uk/?page_id=787
It's worth a few trials, to see what breeds crossed into Cornish gets you the bird you want.

to breed my own table chickens without always having to send out orders to hatcherys ,I enjoy raising chickens also.

My dad has always made crosses and some come out very nice. But best results Ive had is a barred rock rooster over cornish cross hens. Im waiting to see how my cornish cross rooster over dark cornish hens come out. My goal is to breed two lines: one for roosters and one for hens and combine them to make a fast growing hybrid

I'm partial to heritage breed meat birds

A Cornish is a great heritage meat bird
wink.png
!!

Back
Top Bottom