Coronation coloring

Mary Of Exeter

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
Rowan County, NC
The coronation color is just lavender columbian, isn't it? There are more breeds than just Sussex with the columbian pattern, so are there any other breeds with the coronation color in them? I think it'd be neat to see the color in Brahmas. Or Orpingtons! Sussex and Orps look pretty similar, so it'd be neat to breed the color into them somehow
droolin.gif

Quote:
Someone on eggbid already has a good start on lavender columbian ( coronation ) Orps. And I think someone is already working on the Coronation Brahmas as well, I was going to but I think I found someone else already planning them and that kinda spoiled the fun for me, but I got lotts of other projcets going on and planned anyway so I dont really need to take on anymore. But yeah, it can be in any columbian breed with some work.

Quote:
Yep, Thats it, I emailed the guy and he said he used Coronation Sussex on Lav Orps, but really, since the lav Orps are still projects themselves, he would have been better off to use some of the best Black Orps he could find with the Cor Sus, I may take abit longer or he would have to hatch more, but the type would get there sooner breeding to black Oros instead of project lavs .

Quote:
Yep, Thats it, I emailed the guy and he said he used Coronation Sussex on Lav Orps, but really, since the lav Orps are still projects themselves, he would have been better off to use some of the best Black Orps he could find with the Cor Sus, I may take abit longer or he would have to hatch more, but the type would get there sooner breeding to black Oros instead of project lavs .

Used what I had and been working on and very proud of them.

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:
If the Coronations are of Australian origin then they are Lavender Colombian, if British origin they are Blue Colombian.
David

Quote:

Oh and as you should be, they are beautiful birds. Wasnt meanin any disrespect, just wanted to throw that out there as a suggestion and for anyone eles planning a similar project, its best to breed to the best typed birds you can find to get the type faster, but if the laves were all you had, then thats fine too.

Nice job and do you have any updated pics of older birds ?

Quote:

Well now I am VERY happy! So many pretty birds right down the highway from me! Now once I get some extra money....
wink.png

I think I was looking at a hatchery once who sold Light Brahmas, but in the picture, they looked like blue columbian rather than the black they were supposed to be. I can't remember which website it was though...

Back
Top Bottom