Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Shop local and you can! My farmer's markets and greenhouses don't care about my feet. WalMart ... not so much!

Yeah, I got into it with a manager at Walmart. He told me I had to wear shoes and saud it's the law. I proved its not so in our state and he got nasty. I told him I'd wear shoes when people no longer put their dirty dogs in the shopping cart where I might be putting my groceries and threatened him with the health department backed up with pictures. He ignores me and I take off my shoes if I feel like it.

Okay. There are so many details I gotta ask about like, what's too old to do this? Temperature of potatoes. How long to cook it? How firm.....

See where I'm coming from?
I have no idea haha I’ve just read people do it. I think it’s supposed to be hot but other than that I don’t really know. :confused: I think @featherhead007 did it before??

Y'all might have seen a big old party here at Lake of the Ozarks MO that was wall to wall people over the weekend. People who attended were told to self-quarantine for 14 days afterward. One guy was on the news, I think he was a construction worker. His boss wouldn't let him come back to work and told him to stay home for two weeks without pay unless he could get a test proving he was virus free. Well, he couldn't get a test because he had no symptoms. So he went to his doctor to try to get a note saying he could go back to work and the doctor turned him down flat. Told him it was his own choice to expose himself like that and now he had to pay the consequences. The guy was like, What am I going to do? I got bills to pay.

People want their freedoms, but when they quote their inalienable rights, they forget that the first one is LIFE. Life, THEN Liberty, THEN the pursuit of happiness. Your right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness come AFTER other people's right to life. Right now, because of this virus, wearing a mask and social distancing comes FIRST. Because protecting life is more important than anything else. Without life there IS no liberty and there IS no pursuit of happiness. So stay home, wear the damn mask, wash your hands, and stay six or more feet apart. Until there is a vaccine. Thank you!

Y'all might have seen a big old party here at Lake of the Ozarks MO that was wall to wall people over the weekend. People who attended were told to self-quarantine for 14 days afterward. One guy was on the news, I think he was a construction worker. His boss wouldn't let him come back to work and told him to stay home for two weeks without pay unless he could get a test proving he was virus free. Well, he couldn't get a test because he had no symptoms. So he went to his doctor to try to get a note saying he could go back to work and the doctor turned him down flat. Told him it was his own choice to expose himself like that and now he had to pay the consequences. The guy was like, What am I going to do? I got bills to pay.

People want their freedoms, but when they quote their inalienable rights, they forget that the first one is LIFE. Life, THEN Liberty, THEN the pursuit of happiness. Your right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness come AFTER other people's right to life. Right now, because of this virus, wearing a mask and social distancing comes FIRST. Because protecting life is more important than anything else. Without life there IS no liberty and there IS no pursuit of happiness. So stay home, wear the damn mask, wash your hands, and stay six or more feet apart. Until there is a vaccine. Thank you!
I think many have seen the video. I know it's still probably too soon, but has there been a rise in cases yet? I'm hoping not.
At the same time I'm rather dreading the rise that is probably coming in states where people have been less cautious or went all out for the holiday weekend.

And I agree with you.

Agreed!!
The lack of empathy and love in this country is sad.

I think many have seen the video. I know it's still probably too soon, but has there been a rise in cases yet? I'm hoping not.
At the same time I'm rather dreading the rise that is probably coming in states where people have been less cautious or went all out for the holiday weekend.

And I agree with you.

181 new cases today. Sigh.

And I agree with you.
I went to a bbq at a families house who I’m around constantly. They all have been staying safe because her parents are in their 80s. It was enjoyable.

Agreed!!
The lack of empathy and love in this country is sad.

Well, yeah, there is a lack on the part of some. But there is anamazing outpouring of it as well, if you know where to look! Every night on the evening news we see examples of people going out of their way to show gratitude for front-line workers in big cities at 7 pm when the shifts change; of communities doing huge drive-by graduations for the Class of 2020; of restaurants donating hundreds of meals to shut-ins and generous donors supporting that work when the restaurant owners couldn't possibly have sustained that effort .... and in other times of crisis, after floods and hurricanes and tornadoes, what do we do? We open up our hearts and our homes and our wallets and take care of each other. This time, people have given not just their time and their money, but their LIVES to help one another. THIS is who we are. Yeah, some of us are selfish jerks. But not all. 😉

Well, yeah, there is a lack on the part of some. But there is anamazing outpouring of it as well, if you know where to look! Every night on the evening news we see examples of people going out of their way to show gratitude for front-line workers in big cities at 7 pm when the shifts change; of communities doing huge drive-by graduations for the Class of 2020; of restaurants donating hundreds of meals to shut-ins and generous donors supporting that work when the restaurant owners couldn't possibly have sustained that effort .... and in other times of crisis, after floods and hurricanes and tornadoes, what do we do? We open up our hearts and our homes and our wallets and take care of each other. This time, people have given not just their time and their money, but their LIVES to help one another. THIS is who we are. Yeah, some of us are selfish jerks. But not all. 😉

I’ve seen beautiful examples of humanity. I see many selfish..but a lot of good here in Orlando area.

Back
Top Bottom