Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

181 new cases today. Sigh.

96 new cases here today :( another new record, guess it won't be long until we see over a hundred per day. Things still continue to open up without restrictions, no change on mask wearing guidelines, no changes in behavior. People still blame increased positives on increased testing, but the testing positivity rate is at 9% and they did 50 fewer tests from like 430 a day down to 380. I guess maybe the good news is that most of the positive cases are people under 50 but I've heard it's in multiple nursing homes that have their first cases now..

Last edited:
i try to do good whenever I can. I was giving away eggs for a while until all my hens went broody 😑 I give people compliments and always try to smile regardless on how I feel.
agreed. Doing good spreads the “do good” bug usually.
When I was working..people always complimented how I went out of my way but I never saw it that way. I saw my grandparents, my mom, my husband, me when I had toddlers.
Empathy, giving back to people and being nice is the best way to go. I always tell my kids when they used to get out of the car in the morning, “be a great example, be honest, do good, and have a great day.” One day I’ll be back in the car line 🤣 but sometimes I think us humans, especially big ones need to remember that giving from our heart rarely hasn’t consequences.

When I was working..people always complimented how I went out of my way but I never saw it that way. I saw my grandparents, my mom, my husband, me when I had toddlers.
Empathy, giving back to people and being nice is the best way to go. I always tell my kids when they used to get out of the car in the morning, “be a great example, be honest, do good, and have a great day.” One day I’ll be back in the car line 🤣 but sometimes I think us humans, especially big ones need to remember that giving from our heart rarely hasn’t consequences.
I always say one good deed can turn the ugliest of souls happy. I’ve made people smile who were so grouchy no one wanted to talk to them. I love making someone’s day it makes me feel good inside.

Sorry, but how is this good news?
Lower death rate vs what it would be with the same amount of infections in the elderly population? Did I not previously mention that I am in that younger age range and very high risk and very concerned? Same for my DH. Do you honestly think that I think anything about this virus is that good or great? I have been feeling terrible today with a migraine, barely making me functional so maybe I could have phrased that better but apparently I haven't made it clear enough my opinion about the whole thing.

Lower death rate vs what it would be with the same amount of infections in the elderly population? Did I not previously mention that I am in that younger age range and very high risk and very concerned? Same for my DH. Do you honestly think that I think anything about this virus is that good or great? I have been feeling terrible today with a migraine, barely making me functional so maybe I could have phrased that better but apparently I haven't made it clear enough my opinion about the whole thing.
It’s hard to phrase anything correctly right now. Don’t worry. It’s okay.

There are unfortunate dark sides to that coin. The selfish, self centered Manic, depressive type people, who thrive on others like us, without a hint of gratitude, or understanding.

Back
Top Bottom