Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Lower death rate vs what it would be with the same amount of infections in the elderly population? Did I not previously mention that I am in that younger age range and very high risk and very concerned? Same for my DH. Do you honestly think that I think anything about this virus is that good or great? I have been feeling terrible today with a migraine, barely making me functional so maybe I could have phrased that better but apparently I haven't made it clear enough my opinion about the whole thing.
I don't think anyone means to imply that there's a "better" age to contract this mess. It's just that we're on edge about it, so we're sensitive, ALL of us! Me? I'm in the "well over 50" category and considered "high risk." My health issues aren't immediately life-threatening issues, but they would make me an immediate ventilator candidate, if I come down with this virus. Am I nervous? You bet!

I don't know about everyone else, but we're definitely a bit more ... shall we say "testy?" ... around my house, these days. Things should lighten up a bit after this weekend. DD is finally going to get to see her boyfriend - after two months apart. That oughtta do WONDERS for the mood around here!

I find worship to be more important than my pet's pedicure and fur, and certainly more important than my own nails.
I did see a church sign that said that that church would be resuming services on June 7th, though, so that's great!
C'mon... open the churches again! Soon! Hopefully it'll happen very soon!
Ours should be opening up, soon, but I think we'll be doing outdoor services, weather permitting. That sounds AWESOME to me! My church is 300+ years old and situated right on a picturesque river that looks a lot like it did when John Smith (yup - history's John Smith - of Pocahontas fame) sailed up it, centuries ago. We have herons and eagles flying over, regularly. As long as the weather allows, I'd do outside services all year long!

Slowly the trend to the 'new normal' begins. On 3/13 my dentist 'installed' new teeth in the upper front of my mouth - to be replaced with permanent teeth in a week to ten days. Needless to say that never happened. So far I have broken one crown and lost one veneer, but he just called, and at 9 AM tomorrow I get the new teeth. Going to be him, an assistant, and me in the office. Now if the bank will only open so that I can make a deposit for the beagle club.
I spent half an hour sitting at the tube that takes stuff to the teller in the drive through. To try and cash a check and get a money order. It was so ridiculous.

I find worship to be more important than my pet's pedicure and fur, and certainly more important than my own nails.
I did see a church sign that said that that church would be resuming services on June 7th, though, so that's great!
C'mon... open the churches again! Soon! Hopefully it'll happen very soon!
So here is a interesting note. You may not know that I'm in Tejas.... Well, I had to run a rare errand on Sunday. I drove Ben several church's along that drive. Several were closed up and quiet. One bigger one was almost packed to the gills with vehicles in it's parking lot.
This was a northern bedroom community to DFW area.....
Of the folks I talk with at TSC, Lowe's & Kroger the one thing I ask them is how are you holding up to this insanity? They usually answer with a smile. Then I ask how are they really doing with the customers who aren't wearing PPE.... There have been a bunch of tears she'd by these wonderful folks at the hands of those customers with such ugly behavior..... They are very thankful for the chance to vent/talk/comizerate/what-have-you with me. It's actually a "bell weather" to me on how I want to progress thru a day of errands depending on those interactions.....

Ours should be opening up, soon, but I think we'll be doing outdoor services, weather permitting. That sounds AWESOME to me! My church is 300+ years old and situated right on a picturesque river that looks a lot like it did when John Smith (yup - history's John Smith - of Pocahontas fame) sailed up it, centuries ago. We have herons and eagles flying over, regularly. As long as the weather allows, I'd do outside services all year long!
Virginia is rich with history of Pocahontas and her father Powhatan.

@BigBlueHen53
Multiple news outlets are now reporting that someone at that lake party has tested positive.
A released timeline looks like they were out and about at different places/bars all day Sat and all day Sunday.
:he
Here it comes... you know there will be another quarantine order or lockdown order, right. People don’t get the importance of still keeping distance and such. Instead they act like a bunch of freed cage up animals 🙄

Back
Top Bottom