Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

A good set of clippers is worth its' weight in gold! I've groomed my own for years, as well - three peek-a-poos in my misspent youth, a Labradoodle waaaaaay before they were cool (Waldo was an oops!) a Cocker and assorted other coated babies. Then there were the long-haired cats who/that insisted on surfing the barn rafters. Oh - and my current sweetheart, Indy-go-out-the-window-of-a-moving-minivan-in-the-middle-of-896-in-the-middle-of-rush-hour, "Indigo," or "Indy" for short. He's a cock-a-poo, we think. He was a stray, but how anyone could just dump such a sweet animal is beyond me.
I even did the local tri-state show circuit with my little Shi-Tzu, years ago. She was only eight pounds, but most of it was hair ... a floor-length show coat. It was a LOT of work, but she loved it. She was the only dog I've ever had who loved baths, probably because it meant three solid hours of Mom-time! I remember telling my Dad that Chu loved bathing and he didn't believe me. so I asked her, "Chu! Ya wanna get wet?" She took off like a flash and my Dad burst out laughing. I told him to go ahead and laugh, but to check out the bathtub while he did. He came back downstairs shaking his head, because he'd pulled back the curtain and there she was ... IN the bathtub! She was so excited that he felt guilty bringing her back downstairs. She sulked until he left, so I ended up giving her one, anyway, I still have a Shih-Tzu shaped hole in my heart. Chu-Chu was a BLAST!
This is so cute!!! Haha :love

I was considering buying clippers and doing it myself but she’s really matted right now and I’ve read cat skin is super sensitive and easy to cut/tear, especially when it’s hard to tell the mat from the skin, so I figured I better leave it to the pros. :lau she’s a super gentle and easy cat but I don’t want to risk hurting her. Plus the full shave is only like $50-$60 so not too too bad. A lot cheaper than a vet bill if I accidentally cut her up or an ER visit if she cut me up. :lau

I don’t usually shave her. Only had it done a couple times. Mostly just when she gets matted. She hates being naked so I try not to do it anymore. 😂🤣

But I think I might just have to start keeping her short so she doesn’t get matted again. Maybe a tad longer than “naked.” 😂🤣🙈

I think I might buy a pair of clippers anyway though just so I can maintain it from now on before it mats. And in case I ever get a poodle. 😂🤣

before you do, I can offer some free adivce as well as other folks here on what clippers we use etal.
Thank you!! That would be great!! I’m assuming if I do get them, that cheaper Walmart, TSC, pet store, etc. type ones would not be a good idea?? I think they carry the good brands there though like Oster and Andis and stuff but probably a cheaper model. Should probably splurge for the good kind?? But I really don’t have her shaved often at all, maybe like once a year if that, or every couple. Think I haven’t had a full shave in a couple cause I was trying to grow it out ha so not sure if it’s worth it or not.

Just for tax here’s my pretty princess 😂🤣

139D4D65-8295-4604-B0C3-6AD13D0E376F.jpeg E4050A6D-EE3E-47B2-9FD9-9C8E793B2222.jpeg D5B5454D-0058-4AA4-A90E-74D0C24F7187.jpeg F69D1472-B08C-4C9B-B83C-BE9BA789A9E0.jpeg

i don't have them for the sole purpose of a close bootcamp shave type hair cut.... that's actually a last resort event that just, does happen from time to time. Life happenes and you discovered that they have been licking this spot or laying on that dirt pile and "bamm" its a hot mess on the hip, or under the chin etal.

Primary usage is the trim and tweak. The clippers have --- my ignorance here --- 2 sizes of teeth that i have found (and that we have) a) late night shadow(longer than 5 o'clock shadow)
and b) about 3/8" long

both blades will allow the black plastic length limiting teeth cover/fork with exact measurement in each pair. 1/8", 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1" length guards.... I like to use the 3/4" and 1" guards normally.... but, life happens.

i don't have them for the sole purpose of a close bootcamp shave type hair cut.... that's actually a last resort event that just, does happen from time to time. Life happenes and you discovered that they have been licking this spot or laying on that dirt pile and "bamm" its a hot mess on the hip, or under the chin etal.

Primary usage is the trim and tweak. The clippers have --- my ignorance here --- 2 sizes of teeth that i have found (and that we have) a) late night shadow(longer than 5 o'clock shadow)
and b) about 3/8" long

both blades will allow the black plastic length limiting teeth cover/fork with exact measurement in each pair. 1/8", 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1" length guards.... I like to use the 3/4" and 1" guards normally.... but, life happens.
Thank you!!! Very helpful!!! That’s what happened to her I’m pretty sure. Think she snuck out a couple times and maybe got burrs or pine sap that matted?? Since most of the mats on on her underside, like stomach, and a couple on the sides. Then before I knew it it was bad. 😭

I think the clippers will be good to keep it trimmed.

Back
Top Bottom