Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Exactly!
It's mandatory to wear face masks in public here in California. The city I live in is one of the 19 cities demanded to reclose some businesses. I personally think it's the wisest step if we remain open.

My husband's job has remained open (they don't work with the public) during the closure but 2 employees have already had to quarantine due to exposure. I have been trying to play it safe for my kids and myself but, there's all these risks no matter what you do or where you go.

We found out that my bonus son, who is usually with us every weekend, was exposed through a relative so, we aren't able to see him for another week :( or possibly 2 weeks until he can get tested, and praying the results are negative!
Hoping for neg results. My sons gf is a first responder in NM, and has been exposed twice now, requiring both of them to quarantine for 14 days each time. He works in the construction trades as a concrete finishing foreman, an essential worker. Both times they have tested negative. It's hard not to worry. But I just keep them both lifted up in prayer, every day. It's the most powerful weapon we have.

Hoping for neg results. My sons gf is a first responder in NM, and has been exposed twice now, requiring both of them to quarantine for 14 days each time. He works in the construction trades as a concrete finishing foreman, an essential worker. Both times they have tested negative. It's hard not to worry. But I just keep them both lifted up in prayer, every day. It's the most powerful weapon we have.
That is a blessing they have been safe! But I know what you mean. Sometimes the worry will drive you mad until you realize there's nothing you can do. Just pray; just hope.

Who else is getting really annoyed (upset, po'd, mad, resentful, ____________ [enter choice word here] ) over the planned gatherings recently that have helped facilitate the spread of the virus, again, and that is leading to numbers going up all over the US?
The Memorial Day gatherings and flooding out and aboutism from stir crazy people were just the beginning and now we are really seeing the results. Add all the activities since and now large gatherings and it's just a recipe for disaster!

Some of us who have been following the rules and are very conscientious would really like things to calm down so kids can go back to school and life could be less chaotic. All these people who want things to be Bam... back to normal, are doing the very things that will cause this to drag on faaaar longer than it needs to for Everyone!:he
Grrrrr!!!

..ok, sorry. Rant over.

Who else is getting really annoyed (upset, po'd, mad, resentful, ____________ [enter choice word here] ) over the planned gatherings recently that have helped facilitate the spread of the virus, again, and that is leading to numbers going up all over the US?
The Memorial Day gatherings and flooding out and aboutism from stir crazy people were just the beginning and now we are really seeing the results. Add all the activities since and now large gatherings and it's just a recipe for disaster!

Some of us who have been following the rules and are very conscientious would really like things to calm down so kids can go back to school and life could be less chaotic. All these people who want things to be Bam... back to normal, are doing the very things that will cause this to drag on faaaar longer than it needs to for Everyone!:he
Grrrrr!!!

..ok, sorry. Rant over.
I am wearing a mask when I go places. Our church has been great with keeping things under control. They only allow so many people and no gathering of any kind inside. I went to a memorial day bbq and had a blast (I hadnt been out to see anyone for 4 months, i was in lockdown before anyone because of my dr). I think that people can still do normal things but they need to have the protective measures along with it. Wearing a mask, washing your hands, not standing too close to people, and staying in your own bubble.

Grrrrr!!!

..ok, sorry. Rant over.

(I apologize ahead of time for the book ... there's a lot going on ... )

I'm with you, there! Now we have the Independence Day celebrations ... beach parties ... family pool parties ... new graduates finally comfortable enough to have delayed graduation parties ... concerts ... really? CONCERTS? Are these people certifiably NUTS?
Florida is close to lockdown again. I have cousins who live in Myrtle Beach. It's not official, but they fully anticipate lockdown again, too, but AFTER the Fourth. It seems the businesses need to get their money's worth - and a hard-core lesson in consequences - first.

I'm having a real problem with the whole back-to-work scenario. I'm a full time substitute teacher, and I have contact with many. many students from four different schools. Two of them are elementary. Even if we do go back full time in September (which I don't anticipate,) I'm having an existential crisis over returning to the job I absolutely love. The best part of my work is the hugs I get from the little ones. They're always so excited to see me - and I LOVE the open affection. The thought of having to stop them, mid-run, chokes me up. It's already happening when I see them around town. The older ones start to come to me, then remember and stop, with an awful look on their faces. The little ones - on the rare occasion that they're out and about - simply don't understand.

So - with all that in mind, I've had to make a life-changing decision. Covid forced me out of my beloved role, so I'm going to try to use Covid to get a new one. Tomorrow, I start online training to become a Covid Tracker. There's no guarantee of a job, but lots of opportunities. I'm hoping that my people skills and my motivational background in Scouting will give me an edge.

Here's where you all come in, please. It's a self-paced program - which I'm usually good with ... but it's also a start-when-ready program ... which I am NOT good with at all. I'm one of those who talks a good game and will finish what I start ... but getting started is a challenge, and if I get side-tracked (Oh Look ... a BUTTERFLY!) I can have a hard time re-starting.
So, if I could ask, please hold me accountable for starting and finishing this class. And if you would ... a few prayers of encouragement for this drastic life-change would be very, very welcome ...

I am wearing a mask when I go places. Our church has been great with keeping things under control. They only allow so many people and no gathering of any kind inside. I went to a memorial day bbq and had a blast (I hadnt been out to see anyone for 4 months, i was in lockdown before anyone because of my dr). I think that people can still do normal things but they need to have the protective measures along with it. Wearing a mask, washing your hands, not standing too close to people, and staying in your own bubble.
I know you have been very careful! :)
I'm talking about much much larger gatherings, no rules in place, and people spreading covid worse than summertime BO!

I'm a veterinarian, 'officially' retired two years ago, and have been working part time since. until March, when I decided it was just not safe. Since them I went back one day last month, and felt unsafe, and won't be going back anytime soon. . Hate it! But bringing this home, being senior, and DH senior and not so healthy, just ain't worth it. We won't starve, and time will just have to pass before it will be good to get out there again.
Mary

About children is school; how in the world will children keep distancing and wear facemasks all the time, when it's hard for adults, and impossible for some? And how will school staff possibly be safe, even 'relatively' safe? It just doesn't look doable to me!
I'll bet that those pediatricians, in their managed office practices, can't really relate to a school environment.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom