Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I am mainly referring to those people that are throwing tantrums out there.
In my city, it's mandatory to wear face coverings; many businesses have signs posted at the door.
While I agree with the mandate, I am certainly not too concerned with whether someone is wearing one or not, for as long as I'm protecting myself... which is the point of wearing one in the first place.
In my local community almost everyone has been wearing them and we have not had a surge. Both grocery stores have avoided infected employees as well. I figure if surgeons use them to keep their droplets out of patients bodies I don’t need to be told to keep my slobber to myself! :gig

I follow LAW, not mandates.

Just because someone received a majority of "likes" from the populace does not mean that I must follow their ridiculous mandates. Just because fools "like" another fool and give them a title does not mean that you should lay aside your freedom.

Mandates are for power hungry fools and men like myself do not follow edicts from power hungry fools.

Does July 2 1776 and the events leading up to it not ring true to you mandate following people? Well it dang sure does to me.

Fair point. However, the rules about wearing masks have been put in place in order to protect people. Wearing a mask may not prevent the wearer's catching COVID, but it will help to prevent other people from catching COVID.
The mask-wearing rules weren't put in place to "control" people -- they were put in place in order to help prevent the spreading of the virus so that scientists studying COVID would have more time to develop a vaccine in order to prevent more deaths.
I apologize if I managed to offend anyone by saying this. If you have the antibodies, then that's great -- you've caught the virus and successfully recovered, and now you don't need to worry about catching or spreading it.
However, other people do have to worry about the virus. That is why they wear the masks and do what they can to avoid catching or spreading the virus.

Fair point. However, the rules about wearing masks have been put in place in order to protect people. Wearing a mask may not prevent the wearer's catching COVID, but it will help to prevent other people from catching COVID.
The mask-wearing rules weren't put in place to "control" people -- they were put in place in order to help prevent the spreading of the virus so that scientists studying COVID would have more time to develop a vaccine in order to prevent more deaths.
I apologize if I managed to offend anyone by saying this. If you have the antibodies, then that's great -- you've caught the virus and successfully recovered, and now you don't need to worry about catching or spreading it.
However, other people do have to worry about the virus. That is why they wear the masks and do what they can to avoid catching or spreading the virus.
I like your spunk and you certainly do not offend me! And I appreciate a civil and intelligent debate!
And as a bonus, and to lighten the mood, here are my newest chicks! They are growing up fast!
IMG_2132 (002).jpg

I like your spunk and you certainly do not offend me! And I appreciate a civil and intelligent debate!
And as a bonus, and to lighten the mood, here are my newest chicks! They are growing up fast! View attachment 2226866
Ooh, they're so cute!
These little cuties hatched underneath my broody Booted Bantam hen earlier in the week:
DSC_6729.JPG
DSC_6728.JPG

Er... maybe the debate would be best carried on via a PM, though? So that others don't get offended by some post or another?

Ooh, they're so cute!
These little cuties hatched underneath my broody Booted Bantam hen earlier in the week:
View attachment 2226870View attachment 2226871

Er... maybe the debate would be best carried on via a PM, though? So that others don't get offended by some post or another?
CUTE CHICKS! They are so dang tiny!

No more debate, I'm ready to have a few cold ones, watch my chickens and enjoy myself! My crazy but very well behaved Cattle Dog loves to "herd" the chickens when they are in their Run! Its pretty funny and in a few hours when the sun gets below the tree line maybe it'll cool off enough to enjoy it!

Enjoy the Great Day! July 4 is a very important date to remember!

CUTE CHICKS! They are so dang tiny!

No more debate, I'm ready to have a few cold ones, watch my chickens and enjoy myself! My crazy but very well behaved Cattle Dog loves to "herd" the chickens when they are in their Run! Its pretty funny and in a few hours when the sun gets below the tree line maybe it'll cool off enough to enjoy it!

Enjoy the Great Day! July 4 is a very important date to remember!
Indeed.
Happy Fourth of July, everybody! Have a good one!

You know you're getting use to the pandemic when you watch a video from a year ago and you cringe when someone hugs... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are you up to today?
We usually throw a pool party bbq with fireworks. Instead, the kids watched movies all morning, then swam in the pool, my husband made me a couple margaritas and then all of us tacos. Next we're going to paint magnets, and a rock (I am a little obsessed with rocks) to go next to the coop. Then my bonus son & his mom will stop by to watch the fireworks tonight using social distancing (standing by their car).

Back
Top Bottom