Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Even though she has a lot of exposure to other people because of the protocols they are following has not managed to bring anything home. The school has been great about keeping us informed. So far so good knock on wood…

EXCELLENT news!!!

The issue isn't digging in heels, being defiant and insisting things be the way we want them to be. It's being able to adapt! Evolve and thrive!

EXCELLENT news!!!

The issue isn't digging in heels, being defiant and insisting things be the way we want them to be. It's being able to adapt! Evolve and thrive!
Most definitely. Thankfully we as human beings have a long history of adapting to our circumstances. I like to think we are resilient and we will hopefully overcome this as well.

We only get 1-2 groups of kids trick or treating on my street, tops, anyhow. :p So socially distant trick or treating is not a concern for me. I have my one box of full sized candy bars and we're gonna go get a bag of peanut/dairy free candy too just in case, but they were out of the full sized options at costco. We'll have 85% of it left over at the end of the night.
We got one... ONE ... and that was my adult neighbor across the street who met me on the porch to exchange candy bars! Since our little Main Street makes a big deal out of Halloween, we usually draw in hundreds of kids ... literally. All Halloween activities were cancelled, including trick-or-treating, but I figured we'd get a few strays, if only our direct neighbors. Nope. They all went to other places that were allowing the festivities ... so their exposure expanded!

That may be a moot point for me and mine. My best friend, with whom I spent the entire day on Saturday and the Wednesday right before, called for a chat, and mentioned that her son was very upset with her. She wasn't feeling well and he wanted her to get tested, but she was SURE it was sinuses, again. I convinced her to get tested right away ... and guess what? Positive!

It's been less than 48 hours, so I can't get a test, yet, but I guess that's on the agenda for tomorrow. Depending on the results of that, DD & DS will get tested, too. In the meantime, I guess I should be grateful that tomorrow is Veterans' Day, so DS & I are off work. DD's classes are all online, so that won't change much.

My mind is racing with lists of things that have to be done if we're quarantined - and who we can have do them. We need pet food and coop bedding, milk and the dreaded TP. The farrier is scheduled for Tuesday. afternoon. It's too much to process, right now, especially since I don't even know anything, yet. I think I hear bedtime calling. Hopefully, a good night's sleep (and a negative test result) will come with the morning.

Oh geeze, wishing you good luck, MROO.

There's been another case at my partners work this week, but the spread seems to be coming from outside of the workplace. Someone gets it somewhere else doing something stupid, they come to work feeling a little unwell, the temperature takers send them home and they get tested if the fever isn't gone in 24 hours, and then the company issues an email saying someone tested positive. None of the cases seem to be employee to employee, so they're not doing too bad of a job it seems.

I was able to solve a mystery for my Better-half, in less than 24 hrs....
Email to the election office in the evening.
Reply by 10:10AM
Phone them at noon to get clarification.
Supervisor found the email dialogue I had, while we were on the phone and assured me that he would have the phone number and address of all the southern most voting sites for my wife to "drive thru vote" while we wait for the test results for her and our other daughters.

She sent me this gorgeous smiling phone pic that she also had her "I voted" sticker too..... (Happy loving sigh)

I do hope everyone else has a positive voting experience, stays safe & as sane as possible too!

Peace out!
/End of line.
The three of us haven't voted yet, either ... and now we're looking at quarantine and I'm worried about putting in my two cents. I am SO copycatting your wife's voting method, if at all possible! Thanks!

Me too! I can remember being scared by the wolf in a little Golden record about the Three Little Pigs and it hasn't changed much over the years.
I'm so THERE! For YEARS, I couldn't watch the Abominable Snow Monster peek out over the mountains in "Rudolph." I would run from the room, or duck my head into a pillow, or my mother's shoulder. While I no longer hide from Bumbles, I still avoid scary movies and stories and refuse to go on any of the many haunted hayrides around here. I sometimes think I'm the only person over five who has never seen ANY of the Halloween or Elm Street movies? And you know what? I'm okay with that!

Back
Top Bottom