Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Ive been a nurse for 23 years and Yes its rough wearing a mask an entire 12hr shift. We have to wear N95s or a respirator and it can be very suffocating at times. We take time for mask breaks when we can but its not always possible when The ED is busy.
Thank you for your work as a nurse. This country would be dead if not for people like you, who make it their job to help others. ❤

Had a nice video chat night tonight. One of my friends who's an ultra introvert and can go months barely saying hi to people as needed recently reached out to us to chat in our weekly evening. We usually try to accomplish some things on that night and help one another accountable for our tasks but mostly it's to give us some social interaction. It's always so nice to get to chat to them. The pandemic is really wearing on the friend who I started the group with initially. She's been unemployed for a long while so we're hoping the new coronavirus relief things start pushing through. Right now she's doing art commissions for money but they're pretty scant.
Dang, it's so hard for so many right now. We count our blessings here for sure. Good for you visiting. There's so much relief in friendship.

I find that an acrylic shield that I put on like a pair of glasses but which protects my whole face are also useful these days. They're cheap. They come in multi-packs but I've been using the same one for at least a month.

As someone said here earlier we need to think of a stack of slices of swiss cheese. There are weaknesses in each level of our protection but if we employ as many as possible -- distance, hand washing, protective gear -- and keep company with people who do as well, the flaws or holes in the stack are less likely to line up and provide the route to transmission.

I'm surprised that your doctor's office isn't using them for close contact. The guys in my husband's office that need to be in close contact are fitted out in full PPE with respirators and I'm always proud to say how well they've done. Since Aug when they geared up to work again they've done 7K tests and had 8 positives. NONE transmitted within their bubble. It can be done if people take the proper precautions and people in his bubble are as vigilant outside of work as they are within!
The face shields are great we use them at the hospital also. Using the same one every day is fine just wipe it down daily with disinfectant wipes and its good to go for the next day.

They have had the most severe lockdowns but yet the highest infection, death and hospitalization rates. That just doesn't make sense. Anybody from those states on here have any insight into whats happening there?
part of the reason for our high numbers is our population. Congested cities--high numbers all around---but low in rural areas like where I live. The lifted restrictions starting now are baby steps, and in an area by area consideration. We mask everywhere, schools are primarily remote

part of the reason for our high numbers is our population. Congested cities--high numbers all around---but low in rural areas like where I live. The lifted restrictions starting now are baby steps, and in an area by area consideration. We mask everywhere, schools are primarily remote
I'm sure you guys are ready to get back to work and some semblance of normalcy. I'm so sad for all the small businesses that have had to close their doors permanently. So many people have been devastated beyond repair, what will it look like when this is all over. Its a very sobering thought

I'm sure you guys are ready to get back to work and some semblance of normalcy. I'm so sad for all the small businesses that have had to close their doors permanently. So many people have been devastated beyond repair, what will it look like when this is all over. Its a very scary thought
when it was the craziest in NYC, we were worried here ( 1 1/2 hours away) that they would start shipping sick people our way, and exhaust our limited resources. We have been invaded by city folks escaping to our area---and now can't handle a rural winter. City people don't know about plowing, shovelling, electricity and water conservation, storm prep.

Back
Top Bottom