Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

There are some really cool applications in the pipeline. Right now most of them are used to make a single protein that the immune system recognizes and protects against. There are a few vaccines in development for some of the most common lung cancers, since the tumor cells make certain proteins, and possibly an anti-Alzheimer's treatment that can slow or possibly reverse early stages because the target is a protein often found in Alzheimer's plaques.
That would be awesome if they could find a way to slow Alzheimers. Spent 12 years working in a facility for Alzheimer pts. It is heartbreaking. My mother in law had it also.

Got 2nd Moderna shot yesterday.
Arm was sore as hell from about hour 3, much worse than first shot.
Getting better now by the hour.
Feeling overall pretty punky, but nothing extreme.

Do I feel safer? Not much, really.
Too many others ignoring/denying the issues.
Too many unknowns about efficacy, and variants.

Yeah I feel the same way.
I get the 2nd May 11. I figured I will be wearing a mask for another year. No biggie for me, I'm a hermit anyway

I have a friend that I go walking with a couple of times a week and we talk often about her family in Mumbai. It's so awful. Yesterday they had 3,293 deaths, a daily record. How did it get so bad?

The deadly second wave was likely caused by a “perfect storm” of mass gatherings, more contagious variants and low vaccination rates, WHO spokesperson Tarik Jašarević warned at a briefing on Tuesday.

Some scientists argue that earlier infections were primarily within poorer communities and that wealthier people, who had started to socialize again, are increasingly being impacted.

The virus may be getting into populations that were previously able to protect themselves,” said Ramanan Laxminarayan, an epidemiologist in Princeton University, N.J., who is based in New Delhi.

Experts agree religious, social and political events contributed directly to the surging second wave, but note the virus’ spread also coincided with the arrival of new variants.

Source

Thankfully, my friend's mother and brother are doing okay. She is beside herself with worry, though. She is fully vaccinated but she can't rest easy knowing her family in Mumbai is at such high risk.

Got my 2nd shot yesterday also. My arm feels like a big dude punched me. But other than that feel ok.

Back
Top Bottom