Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Again, if your taking proper precautions for yourself you shouldn't worry about what others are or are not doing.
It's not that simple. I've had Covid snd am now fully vaccinated. I wear a mask and try to distance. But the other day I had to go to my vet's to buy cat food. A young woman came in with a mask down around her chin and stood right next to me. I moved away. Later, having bought two bags of food, I struggled to get them into my car (I walk with a cane). She came up behind me and spoke practically in my ear, nearly giving me a heart attack, asking if I needed help. Although I really did, I thanked her and refused and moved away from her again. I realized then that I really fear the possible variants of this disease. Having had Covid once and having a weak immune system, I don't want to get it again. I just want people to wear masks and stay away from me. I can't control what other people do.

Have you seen what's happening in India lately? Is that what you want for the U.S.? It sure seems like it.

I prefer to avoid that, thanks.
I've never been there to witness for myself, but have heard first-hand from those who have been to India, how filthy conditions are (high population doesn't help). In the U.S. we can and do avoid conditions like those in India.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. I've had Covid snd am now fully vaccinated. I wear a mask and try to distance. But the other day I had to go to my vet's to buy cat food. A young woman came in with a mask down around her chin and stood right next to me. I moved away. Later, having bought two bags of food, I struggled to get them into my car (I walk with a cane). She came up behind me and spoke practically in my ear, nearly giving me a heart attack, asking if I needed help. Although I really did, I thanked her and refused and moved away from her again. I realized then that I really fear the possible variants of this disease. Having had Covid once and having a weak immune system, I don't want to get it again. I just want people to wear masks and stay away from me. I can't control what other people do.
A stranger speaking practically in my ear is invading my space, under any circumstance.

I've never been there to witness for myself, but have heard first-hand from those who have been to India, how filthy conditions are (high population doesn't help). In the U.S. we can and do avoid conditions like those in India.
This is an ignorant perspective and stereotype held by many. The virus behaves the same, in clean or filthy environments. Having a clean house is no defense against coronavirus. The high population in India is a problem; but as far as the virus is concerned it is similar to what U.S. cities are like in terms of density of population and ease of spread.

The poor conditions that you mention are mainly the result of widespread poverty. We have poverty in the U.S. as well; though it is typically hidden from view of those in the higher echelons.

Last edited:
This is an ignorant perspective and stereotype held by many. The virus behaves the same, in clean or filthy environments. Having a clean house is no defense against coronavirus. The high population in India is a problem; but as far as the virus is concerned it is similar to what U.S. cities are like in terms of density of population and ease of spread.

The poor conditions that you mention are mainly the result of widespread poverty. We have poverty in the U.S. as well; though it is typically hidden from view of those in the higher echelons.
Okay then, then why wash our hands, and social distance, personal hygene, etc. blah, blah, blah, baa, baa, baa.

Last edited:
Sounds like that person should have either put her mask on properly or maintained social distance, especially since she saw you with your mask on. Some people don't use common sense. On the other hand maybe she was fully vaccinated too.

Again, if your taking proper precautions for yourself you shouldn't worry about what others are or are not doing.
Sounds like that person should have either put her mask on properly or maintained social distance, especially since she saw you with your mask on. Some people don't use common sense. On the other hand maybe she was fully vaccinated too
🤔

Anaphylaxis (the allergic reaction that has happened after a few injections) does release many of the same inflammatory proteins as a cytokine storm, yes. The specific ingredient in these reactions has not yet been identified in any of the cases -- and may in fact be different in each situation.

As for each being a vaccine or not, the JnJ vaccine uses an older technology where a weakened cold virus is used to carry the DNA for the spike protein into cells. The protein gets made, the immune system recognizes it as an invader, and produces memory cells that fight against later exposures. The mRNA technology used for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines consists of just the mRNA wrapped in a little bubble of fat that gets absorbed by your cells, which then make the spike protein, etc. The mRNA is much less stable than the older technology, but is still very attractive because of how well it works -- 94-95% of those that complete the two-shot course will not get CoVID-19 illness after their exposure.
Those statistics include the variants? 94 % will not get covid?

Back
Top Bottom