Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The study reviewed 78 randomized control trials—experiments that have long been considered "the gold standard" for medicine—which assessed the effectiveness of face masks against flu, COVID-19, and similar illnesses. It found that wearing masks "probably makes little or no difference" for the general public, no matter what kind of mask is used. Even N95 masks, considered the most effective at filtering airborne particles, showed no clear benefit for health care workers.

The study was published on January 30 by the Cochrane Library, a world-renowned medical database that is famous for its high-quality evidence reviews. It comes as a battering ram to the recommendations of the U.S. public health establishment, which urged children as young as two to wear masks throughout the pandemic.

"This amounts to the scientific nail in the coffin for mask mandates,"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1POkVWcCns5pM0Av060YU-

The study reviewed 78 randomized control trials—experiments that have long been considered "the gold standard" for medicine—which assessed the effectiveness of face masks against flu, COVID-19, and similar illnesses. It found that wearing masks "probably makes little or no difference" for the general public, no matter what kind of mask is used. Even N95 masks, considered the most effective at filtering airborne particles, showed no clear benefit for health care workers.

The study was published on January 30 by the Cochrane Library, a world-renowned medical database that is famous for its high-quality evidence reviews. It comes as a battering ram to the recommendations of the U.S. public health establishment, which urged children as young as two to wear masks throughout the pandemic.

"This amounts to the scientific nail in the coffin for mask mandates,"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1POkVWcCns5pM0Av060YU-
I hate how they're brave enough to do the study but too chicken $h#t to say definitively the answer. Since when is "probably" a definite conclusion? It either did or it didn't.

Well today marks the third anniversary of the Fester Fest we have to call Covid-19.
Not saying there wasn't an illness going around, I was personally elbow deep in it until my body gave out last summer. Also not going into detail about the misdirection, looting and corruption it allowed. Just, "Beware the Ides of March."

Well today marks the third anniversary of the Fester Fest we have to call Covid-19.
Not saying there wasn't an illness going around, I was personally elbow deep in it until my body gave out last summer. Also not going into detail about the misdirection, looting and corruption it allowed. Just, "Beware the Ides of March."
I don't think anyone can say that COVID didn't affect them whether they got sick or not. And I hope the world can heal after all of this. As much as they tried to remind everyone that "we're all in this together" it seems like we're all further away than ever from love and understanding for our fellow man.

I remember a hospital shutdown. Nobody inside except employees and patients. No surgeries, not open to the public. Walking down wings all suited up the look in the nurses eyes cause that's all you could see and covid patients vitals and such sharpied on the room windows. And the big circle with the + in the middle indicating covid positive. I probably will never forget the atmosphere of it all. ED packed with patients all the rooms taken and patients lined down the hall. It was literally like I was in a horror movie but it was real.

Back
Top Bottom