Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

What is the situation - some people, having seen enough advertising, begin to take antibiotics intensively, without being sick, "for prevention." They drink antibiotics so as not to get a mild flu, to cure a runny nose that will pass anyway, they drink antibiotics for various very hypothetical diseases, and in addition they sometimes get agricultural antibiotics in meat and even milk, when a not too careful producer, instead of maintaining sanitary standards in himself at the enterprise, he simply stuffs the livestock of chickens or cows with antibiotics.
Antibiotic abuse is a real problem, probably worst outside of the US where in a lot of places, ABX are sold without a prescription. Here, they have had a public program to limit their abuse but we have a problem with resistant strains of germs.
One of the earliest ones are Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and (VRE) vancomycin-resistant enterococcus. In the last few years there are many more popping up.
Now. Sometimes, especially during Covid, they ARE given along with antivirals because the body is so weakened it is suspectable to bacterial infections. In general however, giving an Abx for a virus is useless.

Last edited:
I have been a RN for 24 years and am still working at 68.
I suspect we have immune systems that can attack squirrels.

I agree with you.

Just think about my early years when we didn't know the need to wear gloves.

I worked in the OR and we handled bloody sponges with our bare hands when we had to pull them apart.

Antibiotic abuse is a real problem, probably worst outside of the US where in a lot of places, ABX are sold without a perscription. Here, they have had a public program to limit their abuse but we have a problem with resistant strains of germs.
One of the earliest ones are Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and (VRE) vancomycin-resistant enterococcus. In the last few years there are many more popping up.
Now. Sometimes, especially during Covid, they ARE given along with antivirals because the body is so weakened it is suspectable to bacterial infections. In general however, giving an Abx for a virus is useless.

The more a person has antibiotics they get immune to that specific antibiotic and need a stronger antibiotic.

I am able to still take penicillin.

The more a person has antibiotics they get immune to that specific antibiotic and need a stronger antibiotic.
Yeah, since antibiotic presence essentially selects for resistant bacteria. The antibiotic kills the nonreisistant bacteria, leaving the resistant bacteria to proliferate with more resources available to them since they no longer have to compete with the nonreisistant bacteria.

What stopped the acute phase of covid pandemic?

Attachments

• 69C68A8A-4459-42CD-B33F-E2463EF14FD3.png
    69C68A8A-4459-42CD-B33F-E2463EF14FD3.png
    766.7 KB · Views: 17
In general, while I was going, two or three years had passed and the mandatory vaccination was canceled. And now I don't even know if I should get vaccinated or not. So it ended in nothing, I didn’t go anywhere and, I suspect, it will be another two or three years before I go anywhere from the village.
I just can't leave - here you have to constantly graze the goats, feed the geese, work in the garden ... I can only leave in the winter. and even then not for long, and in winter I usually sleep and I'm too lazy to go somewhere.

At the same time, my neighbor, with whom I constantly talked, died of covid. Somehow, for some reason, I did not get infected from him.
After three years, if you were going to catch it, you would have.
I was never worried about a cold virus, and never believed there was a shot that stopped a cold virus.
How many decades has there been a flu shot? Is the flu gone?

I live in ground zero for Covid… just a few miles from the first outbreak in the US.
Ya, everyone crowding the Trader Joe's that afternoon was really bizarre!
Is that what people do when they believe a bat sneezing in the far east is about to wipe mankind from the face of the planet? Immediately go somewhere where everyone is handling something that you're going to injest?
Strange behavior!
I am just so glad that we are back to a point where draconian oppressive mandates are no longer necessary
Never were necessary
No mask
No jab
No gooey hand slime
No stay home
No heabie jeebies
Mandating health care or mandating restrictions to it, is a bad idea in my book
The citizens of Tuskegee agree with you.

Well you can't get me to drink the kool-aid on the vaccine front. Covid has been around for years. And suddenly there's an outbreak and they magically create 2 vaccines out of no where?? Mmmm no thanks. My whole family has had covid all on different levels of being sick nothing severe but I treat us all very holistically. I'm a giant conspiracy theorist tho so I could go on and on lol

Back
Top Bottom