Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Oh, and since folks on here are always curious as to how well grocery stores are stocked, we went to Trader Joes today. We've been under shelter in place orders for half the month now. They were limiting number of customers inside so we had to stand outside for about 5 minutes (I do question their queue system... some people stood 6' apart, others just kind of lined up right behind the person in front. We tried to give the guy in front of us ample space but I don't know how close people were behind.) Store smelled heavily of antiseptic but was surprisingly well stocked. Meat and cheese and dairy sections were full. Frozen and bread sections were pretty full, about 70%. I didn't look at canned/pasta aisle. Things like soaps and cleaners were fully stocked.

OMG!!! :eek: :th I bet you were both freaking out and thinking she wanted you to get her will or something!! If someone said “I need you to do something for me...” I would be freaking out!!! Especially if prefaced by “I’m at urgent care/a hospital/ER/ICU, etc.! That’s such a weird way to phrase it to begin with, especially when prefaced by that!! I would be freaking out thinking the worst!!

LOL she has a very dry way of making requests, but we were worried because she left a text message and a voice mail. And yes, leading it off with "Well I'm in urgent care" when nowadays, they obviously don't want people going in to see a doctor unless they really need to, made us assume the worst.

I thought I had more, but my two tomato varieties are growing well, as well as my jalapeño and bell peppers. The Serrano are still a wait and see, but the jalapeños just popped up yesterday. Cucumber, watermelon and pumpkin will be started in a few weeks. I think I need to find lettuce. I don’t want to be stuck without.

Yes they are also. After reading them really doesn't say anything but their opinion, their opinion really means nothing.
Fauci is still on Trumps team, saw him speak just today.
Didn't see a link/source saying Red State or anyone calling him a media whore.

Years ago my cousin called at 2am asking if I could watch her dog and she would be right over.
I didn't ask any questions and took the dog. Found out a few days later her father in-law had a brain tumor and the were going to a hospital in the middle of the state.

Reminds me of last year, when my father in law passed away. Half the requests from my mother in law at the time were "Can you go let the dog out? Can you go feed the dog? Can you walk the dog?" We spent more time babysitting the dog than anything else, but that freed her up to spend more time at his side, so that was fine. He'd gotten her the dog originally to keep her occupied if his cancer got worse, so I guess it worked out as he'd intended.

Anyone growing or butchering their own food during this?

No but I wish! I would have butchered those extra cockerels but then I found homes for them. :lau

I actually am doing a garden again this year though so I guess technically I am growing stuff but I do that every year and it probably won’t be ready until summer so I don’t really consider that anything special or specifically for this. Will probably be over by the time the food is ready to eat. :lau

Might hatch and/or get some chicks though but that will probably be a while hahah

Years ago my cousin called at 2am asking if I could watch her dog and she would be right over.
I didn't ask any questions and took the dog. Found out a few days later her father in-law had a brain tumor and the were going to a hospital in the middle of the state.
OMG!! Did he end up passing? :(

LOL she has a very dry way of making requests, but we were worried because she left a text message and a voice mail. And yes, leading it off with "Well I'm in urgent care" when nowadays, they obviously don't want people going in to see a doctor unless they really need to, made us assume the worst.
Oh wow I would be worried too!!!

Can you park that recovered truck it in a hot spot for a few days for any potential viruses to expire before you do anything with it?

I wiped down all the high touch areas. The truck will sit, windows up, in the driveway in full sun for the next 7 days too. Hubs is on call this week so he won't be needing it.

Anyone growing or butchering their own food during this?
Growing, yes. Lettuces are ready now...yum!
Butchering, um give me a few more months.
Raiding the pantry for jars of apple butter, dried kale and veggies, herbs, apples, blackberry jam, and all kinds of goodies I've previously grown.....oh heck yeah.
:bun:bun

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom