Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I did what will be my last grocery store trip this morning. A store employee was spraying disinfectant on the carts as we came inside. It was "Senior hour" and there were quite a lot of people in there. It's kind of funny shopping in a store full of seniors while trying to practice social distancing. We all have a tendency to stop in the middle of the isle and contemplate for a few minutes. Funny, but then everyone is stopped waiting. I must admit, that I did buzz around a few. I managed to collect enough stuff to keep me stocked for at least 2 months. There was no TP but plenty of PT, Kleenex, paper napkins and some disposable, septic tank safe wipes. Very cool. I have enough soy coffee creamer to last a month and I did pick up some of the "it's really bad for you" powdered coffee creamer. (trust me, just read the label on that one) That will get me through a second month if need be. Our Governor said yesterday that he expects the Covid-19 cases to peak in another week or two, so I'm not planning anymore trips other than the feed store to pick up chicks and supplies. I plan on making a large pot of chicken soup and freezing it so if I get a little sick or run-downed I have an easy meal to pop in the microwave. Please take the social distancing seriously and don't forget that self care is so important right now.

Clearly I didn't say either of us tested positive. Another instructor where my husband works has, in addition to a student. My husband was directly exposed to both. We were advised by the state's hotline that unless we develop symptoms we don't have to quarantine.

Anything else you'd care to ask?
I don't think the discussion was about you...it was someone who said they had it themselves.

I did what will be my last grocery store trip this morning. A store employee was spraying disinfectant on the carts as we came inside. It was "Senior hour" and there were quite a lot of people in there. It's kind of funny shopping in a store full of seniors while trying to practice social distancing. We all have a tendency to stop in the middle of the isle and contemplate for a few minutes. Funny, but then everyone is stopped waiting. I must admit, that I did buzz around a few. I managed to collect enough stuff to keep me stocked for at least 2 months. There was no TP but plenty of PT, Kleenex, paper napkins and some disposable, septic tank safe wipes. Very cool. I have enough soy coffee creamer to last a month and I did pick up some of the "it's really bad for you" powdered coffee creamer. (trust me, just read the label on that one) That will get me through a second month if need be. Our Governor said yesterday that he expects the Covid-19 cases to peak in another week or two, so I'm not planning anymore trips other than the feed store to pick up chicks and supplies. I plan on making a large pot of chicken soup and freezing it so if I get a little sick or run-downed I have an easy meal to pop in the microwave. Please take the social distancing seriously and don't forget that self care is so important right now.
I'm doing my last grocery shopping this weekend and I'm staying home after that. I just do pickup though. I still haven't found TP or PT. The only place I go to is my parents on Saturday for family dinner.

I've been preparing weekly meals that are full of raw veggies so that I'm getting enough good stuff in my eating.

Today I have a phone call Dr appt with my pulmonologist. They have completely canceled all their appts or moved them all to phone calls because someone was infected with Covid 19 and was in the clinic building.

It's so awkward checking in over the phone. Who knows maybe I'll like appts this way and keep them this way for good 🤷🏼‍♀️

In mid March there were rumours that Nepal is going to close it's borders with India so I hitchhiked accross the border and bought marijuana and alcohol for my father, because marijuana is illegal in India and Bihar is a dry State so I bought them in Nepal where both of them are legal and very cheap. I also bought him his favourite brand of cigarettes. I put them safely in my father's brand new cabinet under his newly constructed cabin. Now my father complaints that drinking and smoking is no fun without friends. Grrrr
Lol, in Rusia marijuana can give 15 years of prison, and this article never falls under amnesty. I think it will be LOOOONG quarantine :lol: And i heard that in China for this death penalty. So I’d better read books calmly and play the accordion or computer games. Some people of Rusia (and frankly me too) have some ideas to copy this part of chinese laws to Rusia ))

I just got a call from a new doctor that I will be meeting with over the phone for my thyroid eye disease.

I guess my hospital is doing all of the doctor's appointments over the phone. It is kind of weird for me to be meeting a new doctor over the phone 🤷🏼‍♀️ I guess I will be writing down some questions that I have for him because the reason why I am seeing him is because a new medication got approved for thyroid eye disease and my rheumatologist wants me to get on it instead of the rituxan considering rituxan depletes your immune system... I don't need my immune system to be completely defenseless in the world we are living in right now!

I watched Putin's address to the nation. Rather different concerns to many others I've read.
Interesting that is seems he is planning to raise tax levels on those who are trying to move money out of Russia. Also interesting that he plans to introduce tax on savings above a certain level.
Frankly i was too lazy for hear all Putin`s adress to the nation. I obey the laws and take them for granted, but more often than not I am not particularly interested in politics. I don’t even go to the polls, but not because I don’t trust, but because on the contrary I trust the rest of the Russians that they will choose what I will take for granted. To be honest, it’s absolutely all the same to me under what system to live, my ancestors lived under the king (tsar), then under the communists, and now we have Putin, in general, I personally can live under the communists, and under the king, and under Putin, I absolutely no matter :D
As i understood, here are any problem widh some russian people, who spent the money in another counryes, the rich transfer money as if they are going to live there, and the poor get into debt and bank loans, spending much more than they earn on vacation and travel. And the government came up with some restrictions because of this, though I did not read which ones, I can not correctly comment on this.
If you look at the story, it already happened, the russian nobles traveled a lot, and there was no order in their villages, at that time they wrote a lot about it, there was even Nekrasov’s poem "Forgotten Village" (1855 year). As known, after some time (in 1917) in russia was a revolution and we was 70 years communists.

In Russia, nothing ever changes and is constantly being repeated, I won’t be surprised that we will then again be with the tsar or with the communists. Therefore, the easiest way to live here is not to bother with any politics at all and just do the job, for example, I grow geese, chickens, ducks and goats. The rest is absolutely no difference - my chickens will peck the same grain, regardless of whether I enroll in the Communists or the royal gendarmes :lol:

Back
Top Bottom