Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Tuesday : 18696 positive cases
267 deaths
97 positive cases in my county

New Jersey today

Today : 22,255 confirmed cases
355 deaths
117 positive cases in my county

This is going to be my last update - I guess that all have now faced the fact that this is real and a serious threat. Hopefully the naysayers are protecting themselves and their families.

Last edited:
There are people who keep buffalo in USA. You live in Kentucky, I think there is a farmer who sells dairy quality buffaloes in North Carolina. They also sell dairy products. They very funny animals, they will become like big dogs.View attachment 2071185

They require more space. We are looking at other aspects of the two breeds we like.

My great-grandmother have vivid memories of the Bihar earthquake of 1934. It was a magnitude 8 earthquake. She tells how people lost their homes in the middle of winter. The British records don't give any real number of deaths. It just estimates 10-12 thousand people lost their lives. Now we live near Himalayas it is an earthquake prone region, but my great-grandmother says that "many people died" because of cold. She doesn't recall about the Great Depression.

Now she also remembers the second world war which she calls "German war" because my great-grandfather fought in that war.

One of my grandfathers got a bullet in the head in this war. But he did not die, a bullet entered the cheek and exited the back of the head without affecting the brain. After that my grandfather had one problem some years, when he get out on the frost, blood began to flow from an old wound. I have heard this is not the only case, it seems that the german assault rifles of the model used in this war had inaccurate vertical aiming, the bullets flew significantly higher and the shooters were forced to lower the barrel below to hit. Apparently, the soldier lowered the machine gun too low and the bullet, instead of getting into the brain, went much lower. If this machine-gun was more accurate, my grandfather would not have married and his wife would not have given birth to my mother :p

My other grandfather served in this war on the rocket forces of the time (like artillery), he married my other grandmother, but they had a fight, divorced, my grandmother sued him because he did not pay child support, but he still refused to pay and he was jailed In prison (!), he met there people who drank a lot, also began to drink a lot, and died. Alcohol turned out to be more harmful to him than war and prison. Therefore, in our family, alcohol is extremely negative, and drinking alcohol is prohibited, although we are not Muslims at all.

I just heard that travel to the US from Europe has been suspended except from Great Britain. This also includes all trade.
What have you experienced, and are you experiencing shortages in your area? Have you been sick, or do you have friends or family that are?
Italy has closed commerce except for pharmacies and food stores.
Well there has been around 20036 cases I think and if I'm not mistaken 8 deaths due to covid 19 their is a shortage on gloves,masksand toilet paper not much food shortages ibelieve there will be a chicken feed shortage so I am trying to grow corn to see if I can sustain myself although now that I have 30 chicks that are born I'm gonna try and stock up hope all is well for everyone

I don’t think he’s jumping around or changing his opinion or anything. He’s just saying that a lot more people probably have it and don’t know so the numbers might be a bit skewed. He’s not saying it’s not serious but just stating facts and additional research. I mean, it’s kind of common sense that if tons more people have it and don’t know or don’t get tested, of course the death rate would be a lot lower than is represented. Basically the only people getting tested at this point are the serious cases in the hospitals and famous people.

I would think Dr. Fauci as well as others may appear to be contradictory but this viral info. changes day to day or better because of it's behavior and the scientists have to also change what they say .

Well obviously they do have hair, but they shed hair during summer and grow hair during winter.View attachment 2071187View attachment 2071188
:lau true! But I didn’t realize the hair was so short haha they looked bald! Though admittedly I was thinking of the American kind of buffalo/bison :oops:

Are these water buffalo?
I don't understand why one picture I post, becomes two. :oops:
It’s okay, I liked seeing the pictures!!
are you thinking of north american bison ... which some people call buffalo
Yes I believe I was :oops: I guess I got a bit confused since USA was mentioned. :oops:

Wish I could love this one a dozen times!

National health came to Britain as a result of the trauma of WWII. Is that true of other parts of Europe? Maybe this trauma will make the genuine need for it here apparent at last. Fingers crossed!
More or less.
This is a reasonable account of the stages that establishing the NHS went through.
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Birth-of-the-NHS/Private health care can work in a society where all can afford it. However, when it comes to issues like pandemics and widespread health problems the private health care system is bound to fail because the underlying motivation is profit and not the nations health. One can see that in the USA in the current crisis it has taken state intervention to make the health care system respond with any degree of effectiveness.
I don't think the Covid-19 epidemic is serious enough to change the current US governments view on its health care policy, particulalry if one looks at exactly to which sectors of society the multi trillion finance injection is going.

Back
Top Bottom