Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I thought they had hair?

Well obviously they do have hair, but they shed hair during summer and grow hair during winter.
IMG_20190906_111456.jpg
IMG_20190527_172027.jpg

Last edited:
They could have done a better job. They were anxious to do a better job. But they don't make policy. They were hamstrung by the epidemiology division of the CDC having been dismantled. And they have been hamstrung all along by what they have been allowed to say.

Back when he who should not be named was saying that this was "just" the flu and would "disappear" in 2 weeks they knew better. You know they knew better. They just had to be extremely careful not to offend them so they could continue to do the best jobs they were allowed to do.

I disagree but who am I? :confused:

I grew up surrounded by my grandparents. I am emotionally very attached to them. They don't care if they die, my great-grandmother says that it's better if she does. But I don't want to lose them.

This is one of life's paradoxes, Kabootar. Being older I can understand your great-grandmother's position. There comes a time when your body is a burden. Hard to imagine when you're young but inevitable if you live long enough.

I also had a friend who died of breast cancer about 18 months ago. We used to have frank talks because I was willing to listen to whatever she wanted to talk about. She felt she had to keep up a brave face and undergo one new therapy after another for her family because they weren't ready to give up. But she was getting more and more ambivalent about enduring. She wasn't sure what her responsibility was but she knew it was getting harder and harder on her.

I'm also reading a book to my 9yo grandson, believe it or not, that has the same theme. Even for young kids to consider! It's called Orphan Island and it concerns a tiny culture of orphaned kids living on their own. The population stays stable because every year a boat without a captain delivers one new young child and takes away the senior kid who's grown up on the island. None of them knows where the new kids come from or where the older ones go to. It's an interesting and sympathetic metaphor for life and staying engaged despite the things we don't understand.

I was simply trying to compare both things that doctor said. In one area he’s saying this and in another area he’s saying that. So I just don’t believe anything that doctor says. That’s all I was saying.
If you are saying Dr. Fauci is contradicting himself you are misunderstanding what he said. Go read it again. This man is the expert on the disease. There are any number of people I would not believe but he isn't one of them. He is a scientist and a researcher, not a politician. He more or less got drafted into the political arena and he would be the first to tell you he isn't good at it. Look him up. He has a real job outside of the COVID 19. His work is respected world wide.

Back
Top Bottom