Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Meanwhile I keep a step stool downstairs for kitchen/pantry and one upstairs in the closet. Without those, I can't even reach the back of the snack shelf in the pantry (which is kind of smart in a way :lol:) or some of my accessories in the closet. Hubby stands 11" taller than me and annoyingly tends to put stuff where HE can reach them.

:eek:

And that is smart!! Maybe I need to put stuff in the waaaaaaayyyyyyy in the back of that high cabinet so I can’t get it!! It’s really deep and a couple weeks ago I accidentally put some muffins too far back so no one else would eat them and I was struggling to reach them 😂🙈

And my dad has a tendency to do that!! He’ll put the mugs or whatever up high. I move it back so my mom can reach them lol

I suck at hand sewing. Sharp objects seek out my fingers and magically launch themselves into my flesh.

😦 Ouuuuch.

Only issue with me learning to hand sew while so young was well, 4-yr-olds and needles don't mix well haha. I never hurt myself much, but my mom stepped on quite a number of forgotten needles that I had dropped on the carpet. I was allowed to handle glass, knives and guns as well... not sure if my parents were secretly trying to kill me or what. :lol:

I get that you have serious existing medical issues, Fort Cluck, and need to maintain a positive attitude. That makes sense to me and I respect it.

However, you're disputing and dismissing reliable information people are trying to get you to attend to.

This is not opinion. This is direct from the CDC:

CDC continues to study the spread and effects of the novel coronavirus across the United States. We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
It is critical to emphasize that maintaining 6-feet social distancing remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.
The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.

It isn't necessary to take anyone's word for this. Just click on the title of the text I've quoted and it will take you to the CDC site where you can verify it for yourself. Please do that. Not for us but for yourself and your more vulnerable condition.

You won't need to wear it in your home. But when you go out you are exposing yourself to aerosols that can stay suspended in the air for 3 hours. That means after someone has left a hallway or an elevator or a room there may still be viable virus.

I think a lot has to do with common sense. Anything is better than nothing. And 6 feet is a minimum. If you are worried about someone near you or sneezing, turn your back to them. Just turn around. Maybe we should ask some Moslem women how to take a scarf and cover everything but your eyes. (and plug cotton in our noses)

I remember at SUNY University as nurses we had the usual OR or C Section masks, but we were all fitted for the super mask that was tested by blowing saccharin or like and if you could smell it, you didn't have your mask on right. And we all needed to have it like in your locker. I think it was state mandated. This is around the year 2000.

IMO your best bet is to stay home. If you go out, wear your mask and possibly a head and neck covering. No matter what-even if you stay home make it a habit to wash your hands. I'm a nurse so I wash my hands when I come in from outside. It's a habit. I think the biggest NONO regardless of what anyone says is DON'T TOUCH ANY PART OF YOUR FACE! No matter what. Not even to adjust your mask if you can. IMO I believe from 1994 nursing school then a job as an RN, And for being one of those poor bodies that got the flu big time and Usually weak for a month., I learned quick. And I became a faithful flu shot person. And avoiding colds I never touched my face-I didn't touch my face and I have to say that in 18 years I think I"ve gotten a cold maybe 6 times.

My daughter and grand kids live 9 miles down the road. I moved here for them. I can't really visit them because 2 grandkids work at a supermarket (one works curb side and the other on nights. My daughter is an RN in cardiac recovery, which is a clean unit but it's a hospital. I have low immunity due to some meds I'm taking. I'm 61. So we can't even play cards. :hit

So if you don't have the patience to read my post remember
Do not touch your face no matter what unless you've scrubbed for 20 seconds
wash your hands even if you don't have to. This needs to be a habit.
If someone sneezes in your space, turn your back. :thumbsup

😦 Ouuuuch.

Only issue with me learning to hand sew while so young was well, 4-yr-olds and needles don't mix well haha. I never hurt myself much, but my mom stepped on quite a number of forgotten needles that I had dropped on the carpet. I was allowed to handle glass, knives and guns as well... not sure if my parents were secretly trying to kill me or what. :lol:
OMG!!

I am too, but so far it's the only real sewing accident I've had. *knock on wood*
And not scary at all....so long as think drawing with a gigantic sewing machine isn't scary...

Hope it stays that way!! :fl

And :lau when you said it had a mind of its own and was 65 pounds I am picturing a monster man (woman?) eating sewing machine LOL don’t piss her off or else....

Back
Top Bottom