Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Welcome, Assuncao CostaPinto!

I believe we now have members to this thread in Spain, Portugal, New Zealand, Russia, India, the Netherlands and....

It's wonderful to get all of these perspectives and see the world become a community in these difficult times.

Do you have a theory why Spain seems to be hit so much harder than Portugal?
We Portuguese had a little more time to prepare our selves,both Italian and Spanish minimized the risk and applied measures to late , in Portugal as soon as people started to die in Spain the ones who could stayed at home and when our government decreed the national state of emergency people were already prepared - isolation is the main approach that and all the restraining measures where important.Our health system is strangling with the same problems that the others country have - lack of health people; lack of health equipment but thanking God we managed to protect our nursing homes evolving all society (military hospital facilities use was very important to control elderly people in risk)Our luck this time was being a smaller country and bad news run fast...

I just found out my cousin was supposed to have a medical procedure last week but it was cancelled because of CV 19. He died.
Not sure what the procedure was, I was in shock and don't remember. He had lupus and COPD. So in a way CV 19 got him
That’s terrible. :( I’m so sorry. :hugs

Is the hospital being investigated or anything?

Not that I know of.
The hospitals around here have been forced to take CV 19 patients from Statesville prison and several have died at the hospital he was supposed to go to.

This are the times - in Spain and Italy if they were to people seek if one is for instance 40 years old and the other 60 years old the older was left to die Don´t forget that our health system is very different from yours , for us to provide treatment to a person is a citizen right and the state must provide it

Back
Top Bottom