Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Nahhh it’s okay, you’re not scaring me haha I think you’re right and that’s kind of what I was thinking too. People are probably preparing for just in case. Especially cause there’s already been cases of stolen chickens, etc. and people feel they have to protect their families. I don’t think that would be an issue here as all our neighbors are pretty chill but you never know.

That said, I couldn’t get any here even if I wanted to cause I don’t have a license.
wow, I haven't heard about stolen chickens. We did start locking the coop every night with the padlock here but that wasn't normal for a long time.

No laws like that about guns in AZ.

That can’t be fun getting the bad side effects :( :hugs

I’m lucky like that in that I don’t usually get any (though I also don’t really take any medicines) but I do have asthma and stupid sensitive skin haha

And oh wow that’s crazy!!! People wait in line for those things!?

I wouldn’t even wait for food :lau :oops: I’d come back!!

And yeah I’m sure!!! That’s kind of what I was thinking. Betting preppers and stuff are stocking up just in case.

I couldn’t even if I wanted to because we have pretty tight restrictions here and you need a license but in order to get one, you have to take a gun safety course. Well guess what aren’t running right now!?
Preppers already have guns,amo, food, tp and Lysol stocked for a year...or until the zombies are taken care of
It's the last minute people who are scrambling

Well I was wondering if anyone has noticed stores running low on guns and ammunition and that sort of thing too??
Wonder if it’s like that everyone or just certain areas?
I haven't looked but was in the news over this areas with bad gun control as in very restrictive, people who had never thought of owning a firearm buying self protection.
Here about every home has guns mostly for hunting. When I was a kid ('80s) remember high school'ers bringing their .22 rifles on the school bus and handing them to the bus driver for rifle team in school.
Been hearing a lot of cities not arresting crimes over this and a lot of states letting prisoners go heard NY is one.
Guy I work with has said he has never locked his doors ever in his life is now house and garage. We get truck drivers here from Syracuse area small city, they say crime has went up doors being kicked in of any unoccupied hotel room and apartment building robbed. I hope they get the corona...
I'm fortunate in a way, glad my DW and kids are home everyday, at least someone is always home so I don't worry.
People that own next to us couple hundred acres with a nice cabin city people, haven't seen them up pretty surprising they are in the epicenter of NYC, a lot of them have come up, my neighbor hasn't. Someone drove up their driveway last week parked away from his cabin house and walked to it, looked pretty suspicious to me.
We are about a hundred yards from the road but I have a good camera don't have a pic of the person but have a good one of make model color and licence plate. And set up my trail cam on their driveway next to ours just in case something happens at night. Might be overreacting but I will have documentation in case his place is robbed. We take care of our own here, look out for our neighbors. Doesn't matter where they are from or their race color creed.

wow, I haven't heard about stolen chickens. We did start locking the coop every night with the padlock here but that wasn't normal for a long time.

No laws like that about guns in AZ.
Yeah, I’m not sure where exactly I heard it but I think someone on here mentioned it a few weeks ago. Pretty scary but I’m not worried about it here. I don’t lock mine up but I might start. Not really worried but just in case.

So you guys can just go buy guns and ammo? Here you need a license to carry or firearm identification card. I think the FID is only for smaller capacity weapons and my also can’t carry it around. If you want to carry it (think it’s only concealed here), you need the LTC. Which requires a background check to make sure you’re not a felon, mentally unstable, etc. and certificate saying you completed a firearms safety course or hunter education class and I think the licenses are issued through the local PD department.

I just looked it all up last night haha not really sure why. 😂

OK so city folk wanna come out to the country and rob houses of groceries.
Y'all know country folk will dress in camouflage head to toe climb 30ft up a tree and sit silently all day year after year on the coldest days just to kill something right?
FB_IMG_1585658113815~2.jpg

I haven't looked but was in the news over this areas with bad gun control as in very restrictive, people who had never thought of owning a firearm buying self protection.
Here about every home has guns mostly for hunting. When I was a kid ('80s) remember high school'ers bringing their .22 rifles on the school bus and handing them to the bus driver for rifle team in school.
Been hearing a lot of cities not arresting crimes over this and a lot of states letting prisoners go heard NY is one.
Guy I work with has said he has never locked his doors ever in his life is now house and garage. We get truck drivers here from Syracuse area small city, they say crime has went up doors being kicked in of any unoccupied hotel room and apartment building robbed. I hope they get the corona...
I'm fortunate in a way, glad my DW and kids are home everyday, at least someone is always home so I don't worry.
People that own next to us couple hundred acres with a nice cabin city people, haven't seen them up pretty surprising they are in the epicenter of NYC, a lot of them have come up, my neighbor hasn't. Someone drove up their driveway last week parked away from his cabin house and walked to it, looked pretty suspicious to me.
We are about a hundred yards from the road but I have a good camera don't have a pic of the person but have a good one of make model color and licence plate. And set up my trail cam on their driveway next to ours just in case something happens at night. Might be overreacting but I will have documentation in case his place is robbed. We take care of our own here, look out for our neighbors. Doesn't matter where they are from or their race color creed.
Yeah it’s pretty restrictive here too, background checks, have to take a gun safety course, etc. all required in order to get an LTC. But it’s never bothered me much or never even knew the rules cause I’ve never been interested in guns before but now all of a sudden I’m curious 😂

Most people here don’t have guns I don’t think as it’s more of a suburb but a lot of mom’s family in PA hunts or used to. Not sure if they do now.

Think they’re somewhat near you actually. Erie. I know it’s not too too close probably but I think it’s probably halfway from here to there haha

Anyway, oh wow I hope nothing comes of it!! That was good of you to put the camera there at least and get documentation.

Might even be good to go park a car there or pretend to putz around in the yard or something? So they think someone’s home?

OK so city folk wanna come out to the country and rob houses of groceries.
Y'all know country folk will dress in camouflage head to toe climb 30ft up a tree and sit silently all day year after year on the coldest days just to kill something right?
View attachment 2078449
:lau :gig :lau

Can anyone here but Lysol?

I saw some at Target... didn't buy any because I had just opened a new bottle of concentrate at home. I might not be prepared with a lot of things, but gotta have my bottle of Lysol!

Not against a virus no. Against the masses that want to steal your stash? Maybe. People are scared and think the rule of law could go by the wayside. With the rate of infection I understand it. What happens when the police get sick?

Yeah there's apparently a lot of paranoia that people are going to start robbing and stealing to survive, hence all the guns and ammo.

I think my dad had 47 guns in the house at one point, plus he made his own ammo since it was more cost efficient.

I don’t take care of my nails or hair like at all :oops:

You're my exact opposite lol. I used to do my nails every 3 days (tips and toes) but that got to be overwhelming, so now it's once a week. I need to color coordinate with my clothes.

I even plan out my vacation outfits around what will match my nails the best (since I can't redo them during the trip). And I have to polish immediately before going because I don't want to be seen with any chips. Oh, and shoes and purses and jewelry and hair accessories and makeup all have to coordinate too. I've been known to bring 2 purses and 2 pairs of shoes for a 3 day trip. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom