Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

So how long do yall think the shelter in place orders will last? I say into may/june

?? Bottom line is once they are lifted folks should still practice social distancing and sanitation practices. There will still be people out there shedding virus and vulnerable people who may very well start another round of infection. Life as we have known it will be changed until they come up with a vaccine or a PROVEN treatment.

I can only get glasses every two yrs and need a new prescription now, ordering online prescription has to be within a yr. I mostly wear contacts but like to wear glasses occasionally. I destroyed mine last yr and have been wearing old prescription safety glasses at home since. Took off the sideshields but they still look pretty stupid, not wearing them in public 😆

I can only get glasses every two yrs and need a new prescription now, ordering online prescription has to be within a yr. I mostly wear contacts but like to wear glasses occasionally. I destroyed mine last yr and have been wearing old prescription safety glasses at home since. Took off the sideshields but they still look pretty stupid, not wearing them in public 😆
Not true... My prescription is 3 years old and still good with Zenni an online company. I only get an eye test when my vision changes because that's what my Neuro opthalmologist recommends.

Your glasses look stupid? Excuse me, people are wearing masks and gloves and goggles in public! CBS This Morning showed how to make a hood/mask out of a long-sleeved t-shirt!!! Believe me, nobody expects anybody to be a fashion statement these days. My hair was knee-length last year and I cut it to wear short like an old lady for the first time since I wore it in a shag in the 70's. Now I can't get it styled and it is totally YUCK. You can't get a haircut and stay six feet away from the stylist! 😂😂😂 So it just is what it is. I guess I'll be growing it long again!

OMG!!! :eek: :th We really are opposites!!! LOL

My definition of packing? Shove a bunch of t shirts and pants into the suitcase at the last second. :lau :oops:

Maybe one or two “nice” outfits that I likely won’t even wear lol

Bring tons of shirts because I can’t decide which one to wear.

And yes I am that person that brings an entire suitcase or duffel, etc. for an overnight or couple day trip :oops:

I also have one pretty small/ugly purse lol need a new one but it works.

I don’t wear makeup or jewelry or anything and I don’t even really have any nice shoes 😂 mostly just sneakers.

My chosen outfit of choice most of the time is a t shirt 😂

I have about five hundred million band tees 😂🙈

I have soooo many grey hairs but refuse to dye it. 😂

My nails are also ridiculously short from my horrible habit of constantly picking and cutting them.

Yup, total opposites. :lau :th :oops:

My kinda girl!!!!

I can't use Lysol or bleach anyway because of my asthma, but I did stock up on other disinfectants early on as well as supplies to make hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
Toilet paper too. One big pack from Sam's Club about 3 days before the TP craze hit.
We had just been to Costco and got tp and pt before this hit. I’m glad I did but sooner or later we’re going to need some! I’m hoping that craze settles down. Our local organic distillery is now producing hand sanitizer instead of horribly expensive whiskey but darned if I know how to get any! :gig

Nahh I don’t think that’s weird!! Haha I actually kinda like my grays now 😂 used to pull them all out lol still do occasionally pull some out.

But it’s a bit early for me to be going gray. :lau

I’ve never dyed my hair but I’ve wanted to a couple times but I’m too chicken haha
Now is a good time to experiment with coloring hair if you’ve never done it before. Being stuck at home nobody will know! I’m running into the possibility of cutting my own especially the bangs. There are you tube videos with pretty good tutorials but THAT scares me! :gig

now i am going to work in the garden the sun is shining so i,ll ignore my arthritis and do as much as i can

My meager garden has been therapy for me. And I must say it's looking better than it has in a couple years since I had knee and wrist surgery and had to neglect it terribly.

Do get outside! I'm sure it will make you feel better. I even read a short article the other day that said dirt has microbes that reduce depression.

Back
Top Bottom