Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

My meager garden has been therapy for me. And I must say it's looking better than it has in a couple years since I had knee and wrist surgery and had to neglect it terribly.

Do get outside! I'm sure it will make you feel better. I even read a short article the other day that said dirt has microbes that reduce depression.
Oh wow that’s so interesting!! Might need to go try that haha

Though I feel better being out in the sun too

Basically you walk in, fill out a form, you get an instant background check and you're done. At least that's how it was the last time but it has been a while. People in AZ are very serious about their gun rights. We can carry concealed without a permit with a few exceptions, can't take it on school property or into a bar among other things. Nothing needed to buy ammo. AZ used to require that safety class and a second background check to carry concealed but that changed a few years ago.
We have the same process with buying. Fill out paperwork usually on a tablet or computer at the place you're at then they do a background check and you're done.

In VA you need to do a hunters safety course to do concealed. I did mine at 17 but I refreshed myself two years ago because I remember nothing from when I was 17, it was more for hunting though since that's what I plan on doing this fall.
The different gun rules are so fascinating to me. I’m not sure it’s quite that fast here but idk since I’ve never done it. But I think they run it through multiple databases both federal and local and also check with some mental health association to make sure you weren’t institutionalized I think.

I've never taken a safety course other than my dad taught me shoot when I was young. We always had access to a loaded gun in the house in case we needed it when we were home alone.
:eek:
Thank you! You said it even better than me.

I'm not an overly religious person, but.... If God can make and paint such a beautiful diverse world with thousands of different tree species, millions of different animal species, and flowers...I can't even begin to cover all the beautiful flowers and the delightful smells...why should he not also make such beautiful and diverse people? People need to stop and consider that.

Why do we get hung up on the fact that this person doesn't look like that person, yet the idea of having a flower garden with only one type and color of flower isn't appealing?
It's jut not compatible. Give me lots of flowers in all shapes and colors, give me 200 hundred breeds of dogs, or chickens, or horse, or cattle to choose from, yet please...whatever you do...make all the people look me, think like me, and act like me. I just don't get it. :idunno
Yes, I know man is the one who shaped many of the animal breeds out there, but again...it's the insatiable appetite of man who wants choices and diversity all around him, yet fears someone who does not look like him.

I may not agree with every culture's ideas or practices, but I can appreciate the beauty and the positives about them and know they are looking at me and wondering why I/my culture does what it does too.
I love this :love
Now is a good time to experiment with coloring hair if you’ve never done it before. Being stuck at home nobody will know! I’m running into the possibility of cutting my own especially the bangs. There are you tube videos with pretty good tutorials but THAT scares me! :gig
I’m way too chicken :lau

The different gun rules are so fascinating to me. I’m not sure it’s quite that fast here but idk since I’ve never done it. But I think they run it through multiple databases both federal and local and also check with some mental health association to make sure you weren’t institutionalized I think.

:eek:

I love this :love

I’m way too chicken :lau
Have you planted a garden this year? You did pretty well last year!

I think it definitely is too which is why I was curious about it.

That’s interesting that they’ve gone up. Wonder if it’s like that everyone or just certain areas?

It’s also intriguing to me considering guns won’t exactly do much against a virus but I think in every disaster type situation people tend to prepare.
People want to defend their supplies. If you can't get food to feed your family at the store, what will people do to get some anywhere they can?

Not yet! I’m really behind this year. :oops: haven’t even started seeds yet. I might have to just buy plants this year. :oops:
It's hard to get motivated right now, at least for me. Thankfully I had good motivation earlier this year and have stuff in. Now I just need to keep it alive :lol:

Back
Top Bottom