Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm wondering how many people are actually isolating in their homes and not going to stores or going out in public...
I have gone out to meet for hatching turkey eggs.
Tommorow it's a feed run also because I am bringing 12 DZ eggs for my feed guy.

I have gone out to meet for hatching turkey eggs.
Tommorow it's a feed run also because I am bringing 12 DZ eggs for my feed guy.
I had my eggs delivered 😂 our friend who does our landscaping has fertile eggs so he gave me a dozen. He also found someone who wants them when they hatch.

I do pick up for my feed so I have pretty much stayed in the car or at home.

I don't understand why people have to go anywhere, it makes me feel like their house isn't a home, it's just a house and nothing more.

While, my husband and I are committed to doing our part and staying home, I do find it incredibly stressful being stuck at home all the time. I miss having a home that is just a home. It used to be a sanctuary where I could disconnect from some of the other stressors in my life. But now that my home is also where I am expected to do all my professional work (and I work a job that is very poorly suited to telework but I have to telework anyway) and the place where I do all my dissertation research and writing and the place where I do all my regular academic coursework, plus chores, cooking daily life etc. it doesn't feel very sanctuary like. And it makes it almost impossible to get any mental (or physical) distance from work and school obligations. And that is really bad for one's mental health. I am not excusing those that fail to social distance. But please try to empathize with those of us that are really struggling with having to collapse together all the diverse aspects of our life into a single small space. It doesn't mean that we do not love our homes or families.

Last edited:
Like I told KDog, try a walmart fabric bag search. You set them up in a self watering system...aka kiddi pool, and some people swear by them. At a buck a piece it isn;t a bad way to go....or really...anything than can hold dirt.
Sounds like such a good idea. I’m intrigued by the self watering thing. And probably way cheaper than buying the pots. Although it would require going into the store no?
Another grow bag option.......used feed bags. They take a lot of dirt but can be rolled down or cut down to be the right size for the plants.
Ooooohhhhhhh another excellent idea!!! We have tons of those and it wouldn’t require me going anywhere!!! Haha
I got 5 of them for $17.99 on Amazon. They are 5 gallon and I swear by them. I have grown a lot of things in them and the plants seem to grow way better than they would in the ground due to the air flow that they get.

We have bad soil for planting because it's red clay. We have to either do buckets, fabric pots, or above ground garden boxes.

I really want to try these but I probably should try what we have first haha

Oooooooohhhhhh maybe I could use my fish tank!!

I'm wondering how many people are actually isolating in their homes and not going to stores or going out in public...

It's a lot. We've only gone out for groceries, feed, medicine or G's work since the first week of March. Even all that is reduced. We're going out for groceries about half as often right now.

It's starting to really wear on me. My mental health thrives on having a healthy social network and it's largely gone.

There's been reports lately that in NYC, where a bunch of G's family is, people have been dying in their apartments alone only to be found later by emergency workers. The actual COVID death count is higher than it is reported because of it. :( So there's gotta be some really dramatic isolation happening.

Crystal light is sugar free......I can drink it as being a diabetic sugar free is needed for me.

Another grow bag option.......used feed bags. They take a lot of dirt but can be rolled down or cut down to be the right size for the plants.
Aren't feed bags made of plastic stuff though? I'll try it sometime but I think you'd need to put holes so it can drain.

It's a lot. We've only gone out for groceries, feed, medicine or G's work since the first week of March. Even all that is reduced. We're going out for groceries about half as often right now.

It's starting to really wear on me. My mental health thrives on having a healthy social network and it's largely gone.

There's been reports lately that in NYC, where a bunch of G's family is, people have been dying in their apartments alone only to be found later by emergency workers. The actual COVID death count is higher than it is reported because of it. :( So there's gotta be some really dramatic isolation happening.
I'm actually really enjoying isolation because it's keeping me home and with my family.

I'm not bothered by it at all as long as Walmart does pickup I'm good.

yeah and that's the sad part about the whole entire thing because that's what we were asked to do.

I don't understand why people have to go anywhere, it makes me feel like their house isn't a home, it's just a house and nothing more.

I have heard several people say that they are getting tired of their family because they have to be with them every single day with this lockdown. That part is really sad to me that people can't even handle their own family.
Yeah, idk.

I am also admittedly one of those people feeling the latter :oops:

Back
Top Bottom