Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I don’t think I’ve ever had that before haha but yeah, bacon definitely is not my favorite either. I’ll eat it occasionally or make it for other people but I really don’t like it. Cause like you said, it’s basically burnt and not good. But I tolerate it plain sometimes but bacon wrapped anything??? No way. I draw the line there. 😂

Usually the only reason we even have bacon is cause my family likes it but I could easily go without ever having bacon again. :lau :oops:

ALSO.

It’s such a PITA to cook 😂😂

Not worth it at all IMO.
You’re cooking it wrong.

How about toast, a fried egg, sausage and maybe even hash browns?

Or a fried egg sandwich with whatever side you want....even cheetos!
That sounds delicious. :love

I was thinking about eggs but my brother wants some so I’m trying not to eat them 😂🙈

But I could eat the smaller ones I suppose haha

I was thinking of maybe making some black beans and ham cause we have both but that’s a ton of salt especially since the beans are canned so idk....

I don’t think I’ve ever had that before haha but yeah, bacon definitely is not my favorite either. I’ll eat it occasionally or make it for other people but I really don’t like it. Cause like you said, it’s basically burnt and not good. But I tolerate it plain sometimes but bacon wrapped anything??? No way. I draw the line there. 😂

Usually the only reason we even have bacon is cause my family likes it but I could easily go without ever having bacon again. :lau :oops:

ALSO.

It’s such a PITA to cook 😂😂

Not worth it at all IMO.

You should learn to cook, and make things from scratch. It is a really good life skill.

OTOH, I haven't turned the news on yet but I've heard a rumor that the West Coast may be ready to turn the apex and hit the down slope. Of course, that comes with its own warning not to disregard the Safer at Home protocols.

I'd say it's plateauing right now, at least for WA and supposedly with CA (not sure how OR is doing). As of Apr 7th WA is at 9097, 421 deaths. Over half the deaths (221) are in nursing homes, care facilities, other similar type facilities, so those are really the hotspots in WA.

Can you freeze bacon?

Yup! I separate them into 3 strips at a time, slip them horizontally into a freezer bag, and then roll the bag once over the strips. I can fit about 4 trios of strips in a bag that way, and they store pretty neatly in the freezer all folded that way. Don't need to defrost to use, just put them straight in the pan.

I bet the people that buy 10 loaves of bread are so sick of eating bread by now. They get moldy what, after 2 weeks? :D :D :D

Most bread freezes very well. I don't eat much bread so I have to freeze it, since it can take me a few months to use up a loaf.

I've still got TONS of weeding to do. We have Bermuda grass and nutsedge that's had 2 years to get thoroughly established in the planting beds while I was sidelined with surgeries. They both have insidious root systems that have to be ferreted out and eliminated. Some of the nuts grow down 18"!

Ugh I feel ya. I have some roots that grew into my compost last year, didn't think it would be an issue so I put the compost in one of my raised beds (16" tall), and now those roots have started spreading in the bed, so I need to dig through the bed and re-clear all those roots so I can use that bed.

NICE!! ... and at 80% already in sanatizer form!?!?!
:bow :yesss:
Why am I thinking in needs to be mixed with something to use? I think I'm thinking it needs to be thicker.
When I run out of my other stuff I'll use this straight instead.

Do you need a bottle?

Back
Top Bottom