Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I have good news for all people who live in countries with restrictions or lock down.

Our regulations: Around 9 march people where asked to avoid contact like shaking hands, work at home if possible and all universities closed. This was not enough and we closed down all schools, bars, restaurants, zoo’s, museums, and social life on march 15. A few days later all barbers, not urgent physiotherapy and such, where its impossible to keep 5’ distance had to stop treatments.
Shops and take-aways are still open. Even some clothing and flower shops. People are asked to avoid parks and beaches where it can get crowded. Parking lots are closed to avoid a crowd. Public transport is only for people who go to work and have no other possibilities. Police is monitoring and people who gather (party) get a fine.

Results: After two weeks with this partial shut down we have less new cases in hospitable.
This article (In Dutch) shows we have less problems in the hospitals. The number of new deaths because of Covid19 is decreasing. People ICU get better.
https://nos.nl/l/2329478NOS article with graphics
Graphic 1 (red) : number of patients in ICU. The green line is the capacity (upscaling after 23 march).
Graphic 2 / 3 : the black one shows the number of reported deceased each day. The red one the number of new people coming in hospital now.
Graphic 4 / 5 : the ages of people with corona in hospital (Red). The ages of the diseased (black).

YAY!!!!!! for you guys!

Here is Bill Gates on strategizing to deal with the present circumstances of Covid:

just watching news calls from domestic abuse sufferers has gone up big time ,nurses are having video calls with families of dying patients ,other nurses are living in hotels away from families so they can keep on working ,yet we still have people breaking isolation rules .my elderly friend is going shopping every day ,she has a car and could get it all at once ,her son registered her with the local supermarket so she can shop online ,her husband has alziemers ,when i suggested she be more careful she rang off and hasn,t been in touch since 4days ,we were talking every day ,i will ring her later .

I am so glad to have unlimited quiet time with my husband. I can't imagine the horror of being shut in in a domestic violence or even an emotionally hostile atmosphere! Also, some authorities are concerned that child abuse stats are going down. They theorize that this is a problem because reports usually come when someone is outside the abusive environment for, say, school or church and those opportunities aren't coming up.

Has someone spoken to your elderly friend about depression or evaluated her for it? Alzheimers has a terrible effect on family and caregivers. I would hate to think that your friend sees Covid as an opportunity to end the demoralizing effect of living with Alzheimers but maybe someone should see if she needs a better release from it periodically.

There is a problem though. We might be able to decrease the rate of infection while social distancing measures are in place. What happens when such restrictions are lifted?
Bear in mind that according to current knowledge the virus emanated from a point source; just one infected person, patient zero.
There are lots of infected people now all over the world.
It's reasonably safe to assume that once the restrictions are lifted the infection rate will go up again. The virus doesn't just go away.

I posted this earlier but here's Bill Gate's speculation on this question. He sees the solution as a global one for the very reasons you're concerned.

I mostly agree with you, but I'm on the fence about this naturally occurring vs being created in a lab.
Bats, and other animals, have been scientifically proven for years now to be carriers of all kinds of coronaviruses. I do know people (in person people) who are convinced this was a lab creation that got out of hand though.
For me personally... I'm more likely to believe what a Virologist says. But that's me.

I haven't seen anyone cough or as much as sniffle in weeks. Did the common cold die out or are people too afraid to exhibit symptoms 😆
Allergies have me sneezing and coughing for the last two weeks.
Every time I sneeze or cough, I get a twinge of dread in my lower gut and I wonder...Did I sneeze/cough this much last year? I can't remember.

Ok so....I grabbed one of my double layer masks and air freshener as it is visible when sprayed.
I went into the sunshine, test sprayed just the aerosol....yup visible.
Tested through the mask at 2" away.....not visible.

Feel free to test with aerosols too.....not in the least scientific but it is interesting.

Bats, and other animals, have been scientifically proven for years now to be carriers of all kinds of coronaviruses. I do know people (in person people) who are convinced this was a lab creation that got out of hand though.
For me personally... I'm more likely to believe what a Virologist says. But that's me.
I've read the science and understand it. The coincidence that 3 viruses in 20 years all started in one place is intriguing though.

Back
Top Bottom