Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

That’s pretty cheap payment!! :D Maybe we could even throw in some mealworms if she does a good job! :Dme
Beetov-Hen update. I went to the yard, found her in the barn/coop and asked her if she'd be interested in taking on another missing persons case. She looked at me as if to say "NO, Just go away and let me lay this egg". so I did..... I don't think she's feeling well today.:confused:

Just so everyone knows, when someone is pushing hydroxychloroquine, it’s potential side effects range from mild issues such as headache and nausea to serious adverse reactions, including anemia, vertigo, deafness, irreversible retinopathy, fatal heart problems and suicidal behavior, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
"someone" says; "We must try hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin"
The Media; "That's false hope! It's not approved for use yet!"
New York Gov. Cuomo says; "We must try hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin"
The Media; "This is real leadership! What a fantastic idea!"
:hmm :rolleyes::lau:gig

NY Gov Cuomo was asked this morning how NYs hydroxychloroquine/Zithromax trial was going, if the 4,000 patients given it so far may be why they have had fewer deaths. He said it was too early to say for sure.
New York University Langone Medical School is conducting a random trial with a $9.5 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Researchers are enrolling 2,000 adult volunteers at six sites.
“If everything goes as planned, the eight-week trial could provide answers by summer on whether a preventive dose of the drug hydroxychloroquine is safe and effective,’’ NYU Langone said in a release.
“If so, the strategy could give health officials a much-needed boost in slowing person-to-person transmission.”

Also... :oops: am I seriously the only person on here refusing to wear a mask? I'm all for other people wearing them if it makes them feel better, but honestly I'm giving really wide berth to anyone with one, because unconsciously it does give off the impression that they're sick and I'm wondering if they really are...

You might find yourself having to give your necessary workers a wide berth then. G's work is making everyone start wearing masks starting in the next week or two.

Also, that uncomfy bias gets even more uncomfy based on race. A lot of asians and black people have taken to not wearing masks or other face coverings because of racial profiling in stores. If you wear a mask you make it safer for other people - including racial minorities who might be sick - to wear a mask. If everyone wears a mask it helps make it OK for everyone to wear masks.

Just some food for thought.

Around here that stigma is being replaced with people respecting others that are wearing masks and the ones not are being avoided. I wore an n95 all day and didn't realize how much it restricts breathing. All this week and maybe some of next wearing one. I have a newfound respect for those that have to work a whole shift wearing one

Just so everyone knows, when someone is pushing hydroxychloroquine, it’s potential side effects range from mild issues such as headache and nausea to serious adverse reactions, including anemia, vertigo, deafness, irreversible retinopathy, fatal heart problems and suicidal behavior, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Have you read the possible side effects from Ibuprofen?
Some countries are using malaria treatments with reported success. Cuba is one. Of course the US pharmaceutical industry doesn't want anything as cheap and widely available to work.

Yes they have said it may come to that here

The hospitals had shortages of ventilators, until this weekend, and have had to use the surgical inhalators. Which is what my cousin would have needed. My cousin was 70.

The federal government did send ventilators, but there was issues with the ones our county received. They were repaired but not in time
That's heartbreaking . So sorry!

This are the times - in Spain and Italy if they were to people seek if one is for instance 40 years old and the other 60 years old the older was left to die Don´t forget that our health system is very different from yours , for us to provide treatment to a person is a citizen right and the state must provide it
That’s sad :(

Back
Top Bottom