Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Not sure if this is appropriate or relevant or whatever so if not feel free to delete it or whatever but I was just thinking about this last night and was curious about it soooo.....

You know how most stores and stuff are sold out of a lot of supplies like toilet paper, masks, cleaning supplies, etc. and food and stuff like that??

Well I was wondering if anyone has noticed stores running low on guns and ammunition and that sort of thing too??

I know it’s a virus not a zombie apocalypse but I was wondering if this might cause people to THINK that that’s coming next and prepare!? :lol:
I think it's a valid question worth considering. Based on a quick search, the answer is yes, gun and ammo sales have increased.

Well today was the first day of online learning for our kids. The schools are giving out computers to those who need them either for just online stuff. They have also preloaded work for students who don’t have access to internet so they can do their work also. Everything will be counted as extra credit or they will be given a competition grade but it still keeps them engaged.

As for me I am the only person in the county with an embosser. So looks like I am braille go for the county for all students who need items Brailled. So until I get the initial stuff done I may not be on to much.

Im brand new here and pretty sure I can’t offer anything new or enlightening. I’m in Canada, northern Ontario. Things aren’t as crazy here as other places but I still can’t find TP in my little town. Shelves are empty of canned goods and soups. The majority of people though have been observing social distancing, it probably helps that I’m in a farming community. I moved here 4 months ago, and worked for myself as a house cleaner. With schools closed I now can’t work and am home educating my 4 year old. I have no friends, and can’t see my parents. My husband is still working (mining industry), and has friends on our street that he goes to see. My resentment about this is high. I have no one. I miss my old home and my old work with a dozen employees who were all like family. My brightest spot are my little almost two week old chickies. They’re honestly my favourite parts of the day!

Hey. How about the wives of his friends? It's hard to find anyone at this time. I like being my own best friend. But I understand what you're saying. My daughter thinks I'm lonely and says "join a bowling league" . Ha ha maybe I will. It's not a good time right now because of this quarantine.

Have fun with the chicks. Maybe once this is over you can get involved in a play group.

I think it's a valid question worth considering. Based on a quick search, the answer is yes, gun and ammo sales have increased.
I think it definitely is too which is why I was curious about it.

That’s interesting that they’ve gone up. Wonder if it’s like that everyone or just certain areas?

It’s also intriguing to me considering guns won’t exactly do much against a virus but I think in every disaster type situation people tend to prepare.

All the fresh veggies and pretty plants will be worth it! I used to hate digging and planting but when all the delicious vegetables grew I was like 'hey, this was worth it' nothing beats a home grown veggie!

Yesterday my hubby made me some raised garden boxes. Today we filled one with some "garden special" dirt . I have to get my raspberries in the ground temporarily and also my special red daylilies. Then I'll get some veggies in. What should I start with as seeds?

The drug is generally safe and the cardiac issue is extremely rare. If I was asked to approve it for myself ir husband I would say yes. Listen to the commercials on TV for almost any medication and the list of side effects is pretty long, lots of harm and death although rare :rolleyes:People still take it. It depends on how much risk you're willing to take to try to stay alive.
I have a grand daughter who has Lupus. This is a nasty drug with significant side effects. It is not the thing one would like to take as an elective. If efficacy is proven, it may help, but now India who makes 47 % of what we use has halted all exports to the US.

Yes, most drugs do have associated risk, but most people aren't down with Covid-19 first. And unfortunately I have to pay attention to those "rare" side effects because I'm usually one of those fun one percenters.

I had heard from a doctor the potential harm this drug could cause and the potential heart damage. His main message was to say the decision to take it should not be undertaken lightly when you are already compromised.
Well I was wondering if anyone has noticed stores running low on guns and ammunition and that sort of thing too??

I know it’s a virus not a zombie apocalypse but I was wondering if this might cause people to THINK that that’s coming next and prepare!? :lol:
Yes, or they were here. A while back I saw reports of gun and ammo stores having lines that rivaled those waiting to get into food stores. I'm also betting hardcore preppers are saying- "See, I told you it was coming!!"

It's a little different at my house. But the time things would be ready to pick the creatures and heat have already gotten to them. But when the first seedlings go in and the first seeds poke out and the bounty is all in my imagination it's intoxicating!

We do get excited too, though, with the few things I can bring in and cook. :lau

Anyway, I just can't give it up because when I was little my grandfather used to give me the tiny veggies he was thinning and I thought that was the coolest thing EVER!

I think I started growing veggies because my grandfather would have a garden and when things needed picking, no one would jump up to pick. Must have hurt him, all that work and no one happily gets out to pick them.

Your area and friends aren't a representation of everywhere. Some people really don't care about race. Some people do.

I see. The entire SPLC and news reports from various people all over the nation are "my friends". :p I must be WAY more popular than I thought! I bet I could "borrow" a whole lot of money with how many friends I suddenly have. ;)
Oh no. How many cookies am I going to have to bake for them all now? 😱 XD

I jest. But jokes aside. The point isn't whether or not YOU care about race. The point is whether or not those races/genders/whatever have to deal with the people who DO care about race/etc. enough to treat them badly. And they do.

Like if someone was like "I hate toes!" and then stomped on my toes, and I was like "Can you believe this guy stomped on my toes and says he hates toes? That's awful! Like what does that even mean?"; Then you say "Well he's a jerk. But don't worry I don't even see your toes." Like??? How does that help??? How is that not just ignoring the fact that I just told you something about my toes? Saying you don't see my toes doesn't help the fact that someone else just did something bad to me because of them. Clearly other people see them.

It's technically better than hostility. But it's way more negative peace (the absence of hostility) than positive peace (actual good will).

Back
Top Bottom