Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Basically you walk in, fill out a form, you get an instant background check and you're done. At least that's how it was the last time but it has been a while. People in AZ are very serious about their gun rights. We can carry concealed without a permit with a few exceptions, can't take it on school property or into a bar among other things. Nothing needed to buy ammo. AZ used to require that safety class and a second background check to carry concealed but that changed a few years ago.
We have the same process with buying. Fill out paperwork usually on a tablet or computer at the place you're at then they do a background check and you're done.

In VA you need to do a hunters safety course to do concealed. I did mine at 17 but I refreshed myself two years ago because I remember nothing from when I was 17, it was more for hunting though since that's what I plan on doing this fall.

We have the same process with buying. Fill out paperwork usually on a tablet or computer at the place you're at then they do a background check and you're done.

In VA you need to do a hunters safety course to do concealed. I did mine at 17 but I refreshed myself two years ago because I remember nothing from when I was 17, it was more for hunting though since that's what I plan on doing this fall.
I've never taken a safety course other than my dad taught me shoot when I was young. We always had access to a loaded gun in the house in case we needed it when we were home alone.

I've never taken a safety course other than my dad taught me shoot when I was young. We always had access to a loaded gun in the house in case we needed it when we were home alone.
My parents were different. I learned everything when I was 17 with an exes family who were amazing hunters. My husband was a hunter so he knows a lot too plus his whole family is military.

I just wanted to refresh myself even though I've been shooting since I was 17. Plus I lost my hunters education certification and I forget the name of the hunting club I was part of to get it so I decided I'd just redo it to get another certification. I've had way too many surgeries so my memory is awful. I feel like I'm 95 some days.

My parents were different. I learned everything when I was 17 with an exes family who were amazing hunters. My husband was a hunter so he knows a lot too plus his whole family is military.

I just wanted to refresh myself even though I've been shooting since I was 17. Plus I lost my hunters education certification and I forget the name of the hunting club I was part of to get it so I decided I'd just redo it to get another certification. I've had way too many surgeries so my memory is awful. I feel like I'm 95 some days.
My dad is from the depression era, an Army Ranger and a stunt man. No safety course needed :lol:

A firearm safety course is a good thing. Even people who have been around them a lot should have one once in a while. Like a motor vehicle safety course would be good for a lot of people.

I see. The entire SPLC and news reports from various people all over the nation are "my friends". :p I must be WAY more popular than I thought! I bet I could "borrow" a whole lot of money with how many friends I suddenly have. ;)
Oh no. How many cookies am I going to have to bake for them all now? 😱 XD

I jest. But jokes aside. The point isn't whether or not YOU care about race. The point is whether or not those races/genders/whatever have to deal with the people who DO care about race/etc. enough to treat them badly. And they do.

Like if someone was like "I hate toes!" and then stomped on my toes, and I was like "Can you believe this guy stomped on my toes and says he hates toes? That's awful! Like what does that even mean?"; Then you say "Well he's a jerk. But don't worry I don't even see your toes." Like??? How does that help??? How is that not just ignoring the fact that I just told you something about my toes? Saying you don't see my toes doesn't help the fact that someone else just did something bad to me because of them. Clearly other people see them.

It's technically better than hostility. But it's way more negative peace (the absence of hostility) than positive peace (actual good will).
Racebaiting much lol

Sorry wrong forum

I've been told that gray hair is extremely hard to dye out /cover. I don't know for myself

In high school I had a few gray hairs and pulled them out. Then I realized I was getting too many bald spots. I'm much past high school and embraced the gray hair - which is now much more silver than gray. I love it and let it grow long, it's halfway down my back. If people don't like it -they can look elsewhere.

Tried to dye my very pale grey hair.....yeah it lasted about a week then washed out really really quickly.

How long do you think the shelter in place orders will be in place

I am betting it goes into summer at the earliest....I think we will see extension after extension well into June/July at the earliest.

Been watching the news this morning. We had N95 masks on their way but the feds took them. We have an old hospital that the governor has said he will reopen for overflow, but he was advised by an expert to prep the convention center. PA systems are encouraging people to wear masks and maintain social distancing measures. Stores are cutting down the number of people allowed inside at one time so there are now lines to get in. We can only go in/out through one entrance. It's surreal, reminds me of the beginnings of movies or books about SHTF.

Back
Top Bottom